Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

fuel consumtion,SHO

HI,does anyone have fuel consumption figures for the SHO compared to the FXHO? here in the uk,we are paying 11.20 USD a gallon
    thanks
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philsgp View Post
    HI,does anyone have fuel consumption figures for the SHO compared to the FXHO? here in the uk,we are paying 11.20 USD a gallon
    thanks
    Phil
    Its gonna drink fuel much quicker than a HO. No performance craft can compare to the efficency of the HO... I am thinking that the SHO will go through fuel about 30-50% quicker than a HO

at cruising speed it burns 25% more fuel around 97 miles on a tank compared to 130 miles with HO, WOT bursts she drinks a lot more!

Ft Myers FL
    Hi Mate,
    My mate & i went out on Saturday him on his FXHO me on my SHO, we both travelled the same distance & both started with full tanks in 2.3 hours mine was reading a quarter of a tank, his three quarters. GULP even at nearly $4.00 a gallon it really sucks!
    Florida Expat

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by doublerkid View Post
    Hi Mate,
    My mate & i went out on Saturday him on his FXHO me on my SHO, we both travelled the same distance & both started with full tanks in 2.3 hours mine was reading a quarter of a tank, his three quarters. GULP even at nearly $4.00 a gallon it really sucks!
    Florida Expat
    If there is one thing I dont like is the fuel gauge that drops two bars at a time, very hard to be realistic about usage & whats left. When mine dropped to two bars I rode a few miles a few wot runs. When i filled up I still had over 6 gallons left so I need to do more riding to figure out just what is going on & where the low fuel buzzer kicks in...

Jim

i think the yamaha does this for the sho for the saftey, of the fear ive running out. i dont think its a problem as when i have 2 bars left i have approx 25 litres remaining and when i have 1 bar left i have approx 15 litres remaining

Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    If there is one thing I dont like is the fuel gauge that drops two bars at a time, very hard to be realistic about usage & whats left. When mine dropped to two bars I rode a few miles a few wot runs. When i filled up I still had over 6 gallons left so I need to do more riding to figure out just what is going on & where the low fuel buzzer kicks in...

Jim
    I am pretty sure that the buzzer comes on when there are 5 gallons left (on most if not all newer yamahas)

SHO manual says fuel level warning at 18L or 4.8 US gal on the lowest 2 segments of the fuel guage.
    Last edited by slabo; 06-02-2008 at 09:24 PM.

+1
    I had the opportunity to find out about the buzzer!

I was at Lake Powell and I missed the turn off to go into the Angler Cove Marina and over shot by about 6 miles..when we realized what we had done, the buzzer went off right when we started heading back with a mother, small child and myself from our party riding on my ski. All I can tell you is that it was approx. 370lbs of weight and I was able to make it back about 6-7 miles going approx. 35-40mph...if it was just myself @ 163lbs. I probably could have gone another 3-5 miles.

Jeez FLASH I just researched your Lake Powell. What an awesome place to ski. The lake I use here is 5 miles long lol When I saw you missed a turn by 6 miles I was curious. Turns out your "lake" is almost 190 miles long lol. It looks more like a river then a lake. Looks smooth too. Man I am so jealous. I get the ocean and waves but that lake looks bad ass to ski.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information