Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New problem need advice

I started my ultra 250 up this morning and it ran fine. Then I took it out to the lake and it won't go if you punch the throttle. You have to slowly build up speed until it plains then it will go but not full speed. It basically sounds like a car when the transmission is slipping. I was wondering if anyone might have some advice or knows what could be wrong with it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredm4308 View Post
    I started my ultra 250 up this morning and it ran fine. Then I took it out to the lake and it won't go if you punch the throttle. You have to slowly build up speed until it plains then it will go but not full speed. It basically sounds like a car when the transmission is slipping. I was wondering if anyone might have some advice or knows what could be wrong with it.
    Belt tension
    plugs
    fuel pump

I think it has something to do with the drive shaft or impeller, because when i take of from a dead stop it revs to the rev limiter.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like you might have something in the pump.........look in the nozzle from the rear and also from underneth through the intake grate..........

Nothing in the intake and nothing in the pump. Does the ski have and clutches or bearings that could go out to cause the impeller to slip?

possibly the supercharger... saw one do the same thing and it was blown. I hope I'm wrong, big bucks for a new SC if no warranty. let us know

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    How many hours on your ski?

A while back on my 15f I had a stick wedged inbetween the impellar and the pumphousing, I couldnt see it from back or the intake grate, I pulled it apart and there it was,also look at the rubber grommet in front of the impellar, if its ripped or moved up the shaft it will cause problems......with it hitting the limiter out of the hole it sounds like there is something in there................

I think it has something to do with the drive shaft or impeller, because when i take of from a dead stop it revs to the rev limiter.
    Its your impeller. Your impeller is worn on the outside of the blades, causing cavitation. When your at a stand still you hit the throttle wide open and it hits the revlimiter a few times before it really starts to get going. You have to pull your pump off, remove the rear part of the pump with the nozzal and send just the pump with the impeller already in the pump to Dave at Impros. He will reweld your impeller and smooth out your pump for a reasonable price. Your cavitation problem will be gone trust me. Research some old threads on cavitation and give Dave at Impros a call.

I do think it has something to do with the impeller because it does have a lot of cavataion. I have stuff done to the ski but i still am under warranty should i bring it in or are they just going to viod my warranty?

I do think it has something to do with the impeller because it does have a lot of cavataion. I have stuff done to the ski but i still am under warranty should i bring it in or are they just going to viod my warranty?
    Kawasaki will not do anything for you but tell you that you need a new impeller do to wear and that warranty will not cover it therefore you will have to purchase a new one which will cost more than getting your pump and impeller fixed by Impros. Not only will Impros fix your impeller and pump they will make your ski run better and faster than it was before the problem started. I dont work for Impros (maybe I should be there PR person or sales rep) but I have expierenced the same problems that you have mentioned and so have others on this forum and after getting the Improse treatment the problem has been resolved. I did everything I could to fix the same problem you speak of with no results untill I sent my pump and Impeller to Impros. Its very simple to take off parts and send them U.P.S. Good luck decideing on what your going to do based on the information provided.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information