Helping people on the lake?

Almost every time we go out we end up helping someone while the dozens of boats just sit there watching or driving by.

Today it was a family on two rental jet skis, not sure what kind didn't look. One was sinking with 4 people in the water. The lake patrol on a gtx limited goes over and tells them something. 10 minutes later I go over and see if they need any help because that cock sucker lake patrol just drove off without helping, or pulling the small kids from the water. I take two of the smallest kids to the dock and then go back for more of the family. By the time I get there one is riding the sunken ski while the others are on the other ski towing the sunken one in. Lake patrol??? no where to be seen, so much for "protect and SERVE"

I know what you mean, last july I was out rideing with a friend on back, came up on a older couple in a 24' sea ray with the engine hood open. I asked if I could help,they were on the cell phone tring to get hold of the marina. Marina stated it would be about 2-3 hours before they could come tow them.Here they are floating in the channel. We tried to flag down a few boats and NO ONE stoped . So I hooked up a rope on my sea doo and towed them @1 1/2 miles {took about 1 1/2 hours} They were very thankful but I was pissed that others in boats didn't even slow down when they came upon us or ask if they could help.

+1
    Welcome to the new world!

J3ff
    around here you are REQUIRED to help a stranded captian.

If you don't and someone reports (and it's confirmed) you.....your license for the water is GONE.

Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    around here you are REQUIRED to help a stranded captian.

If you don't and someone reports (and it's confirmed) you.....your license for the water is GONE.
    That would be great around here, but we don't need licenses to captian on the lake, just be of the ripe ol age of 16.
    Last edited by Lurker; 06-25-2006 at 10:50 PM.

+1
    I've been pretty lucky, I've been towed in and I've towed others. It seems my bud usually gets to tow in the boat full of woman It's like he knows where they are stuck.

Simple, do onto others ectt...or it will eventually bite you in the ass. The Marine Patrol on the Toronto side of Lake Ontario are really great. They bend the rules if they have time. And, log helpers of others such that if you are ever stuck they treat u like your the only person on the water. Thanx.

Thread Information