what the best ski for top speed

i am looking for the best top speed jet ski. i have a honda should i keep it or go with another one to soup up. thanks

if you are going to mod then i would say get a RXP.. not rxp-x

By getting the rxp-x you waste the money they spent to make the "X" machine accelerate like a beast so by making the top speed as high as possible you will lose holeshot which is the point of the rxp-x and rxt-x so i would say go with a RXP and mod the hell outta it.

IMO. if you wana get an "X" and have both holeshot and top speed then go the route beachbum did. he is running slightly over 80mph and still has the stock nozzle (87mm) which means his holeshot must be ridiculous.

how much are you willing to pay. i think he is around 5k deep in his

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    get a gpr best hull, if tuned right you will be flying

rxp are good at accelerating

a gpr won't out accelerate an rxp..

Basically, an RXP from what I can tell and read will get to the 70's pretty easy with minimal mods. A GPR is more work. Getting into the 80's is a lot harder. A gpr will require more money ( porting, big bore..etc.) but once done, it will be right up there. An Rxp Will cost a ton more money.. but then getting to like 85+mph a GPR you need to tune it, and when tuned is while the RXP just cost a lot more money..

Basic point RXP parts cost a lot more than Gpr stuff.. a GPR is a 2 stroke while the rxp is 4

Rxp is a cool ski, and so is the GPR

you have to kind of go out and ride one and believe who you want because its just about promised an RXP guy will say get the rxp and a gpr guy will say get a gpr...

Gpr= gp1200r or gp1300r

With very little mods an rxp will go a lot faster, the gpr is more work.. but can do the same.

hope this helps in some way

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    this thread is like the blind leading the blind...........

if you are looking for sheer top end speed the gor hull is the hull to start with. motor wise it would have to be a slightly modded stage 2 or a light stage III 4tec motor in that gpr hull.... stupid accleration, top end in the mid to high 80's, low 90's

sell the honda and start looking for a gpr hull and an rxp with hull damage.... there is a step by step instruction list to build on of these conversions on the site.

i am going to be building one this winter myself....

+1
    Get an RXP-XPS GT and put a GP engine in it. If you really want to fly, bolt on some Raider tabs and rideplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    gor hull ....
    Is that Al Gore?

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    this thread is like the blind leading the blind...........

if you are looking for sheer top end speed the gor hull is the hull to start with. motor wise it would have to be a slightly modded stage 2 or a light stage III 4tec motor in that gpr hull.... stupid accleration, top end in the mid to high 80's, low 90's

sell the honda and start looking for a gpr hull and an rxp with hull damage.... there is a step by step instruction list to build on of these conversions on the site.

i am going to be building one this winter myself....

true, if you want to do a conversion a GPRXP is nice which is what he is talking bout. or one type of conversion with a 4tec motor in a GPR hull

i was just saying a stock ski and modding it no conversions or anything just engine mods but yes doing a conversoin would be faster... or a prop ski like David Bunn

EDIT: his username is RUNWME if you wana look it up and research

Greenhulk Grasshopah (DRC) HallPass's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    true, if you want to do a conversion a GPRXP is nice which is what he is talking bout. or one type of conversion with a 4tec motor in a GPR hull

i was just saying a stock ski and modding it no conversions or anything just engine mods but yes doing a conversoin would be faster... or a prop ski like David Bunn

EDIT: his username is RUNWME if you wana look it up and research
    propski is stupid.. (not like stupid thing)

its stupid idea in that I highly doubt this guy knows much at all about a ski.. so a prop ski is jumping way up there..

I have thought about it for hours, and I have very little clue about how he did that..

And I am very sure other people don't know or else people would be building them.. and well there is only 1 built...

I wasnt saying runwme prop ski is stupid..

It is like the coolest thing.. no doubt..
    Last edited by HallPass; 06-04-2008 at 12:03 AM.

matrix big bore becuase super charger whine is annoying

+1
    Fastest proven "hull" is the Yamaha GPR. It has gone the fastest with less HP then all others to date. Several GPRs including my 1200 have reached speeds in excess of 76mph with just bolt ons. No porting.

RXP is a great handling hull and accelerates very well but that wasn't the question.

Thread Information