Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

oetiker tools, clamps

What are you guys using in place of these with success? I'm having problems sealing the "BALL BEARING WITH BELLOWS" to the pto cover. The screw clamps I'm using are too wide and deforming the rubber causing a substantial oil leak. If you look at the bellows there is a built in o-ring, the clamp deforms the o-ring and pushes it out of the groove in the pto housing.

If anyone has #44 in the pic and the oeikter tool I will gladly pay shipping and for the clamp as well as rental if you can ship it so I have it Friday or earlier. I'll ship back no later than Saturday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pto.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	75733  
    Last edited by Lurker; 06-02-2008 at 08:45 PM.

+1

Just a week ago I had to remove my PTO cover on my 04 RXP and when putting it back I just used aregular SS worm clamp. Just make sure that you turn the clamp to the side or the Super Charger will not slide all the way back up. So far it is still in place and working good.

Thanks, I'll call and see if they can get it to me in time. Next question: What size do I need? I didn't think to measure the part before I left the house yesterday and I won't be back home until Friday, which is when I hope to get the engine back in and running for saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrsrxp View Post
    Just a week ago I had to remove my PTO cover on my 04 RXP and when putting it back I just used a regular SS worm clamp. Just make sure that you turn the clamp to the side or the Super Charger will not slide all the way back up. So far it is still in place and working good.
    Mine worked for about a month. Keep an eye on your oil level! I dropped all of the oil into the hull from this "little" leak, now I want to rid myself of those worm clamps and do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    What are you guys using in place of these with success? I'm having problems sealing the "BALL BEARING WITH BELLOWS" to the pto cover. The screw clamps I'm using are too wide and deforming the rubber causing a substantial oil leak. If you look at the bellows there is a built in o-ring, the clamp deforms the o-ring and pushes it out of the groove in the pto housing.

If anyone has #44 in the pic and the oeikter tool I will gladly pay shipping and for the clamp as well as rental if you can ship it so I have it Friday or earlier. I'll ship back no later than Saturday.
    I used size #24, 25-50 mm worm gear clamps. They measure 5/16" wide and 2" diameter. Mine are Ideal brand ss clamps. Got from a friend so I don't have a source. I sure recommend these over oeikter's and they are reuseable next time.
    Last edited by lafjax; 06-02-2008 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Beerdart, how do you find anything at mcmaster's?? I can't see a place for page numbers and there are 10000 of items listed.

Nevermind, I found them...

part number 5407K64 10 for $10
    Last edited by lafjax; 06-02-2008 at 09:21 PM.

Anyone have the ID of the clamp? 25-50mm is a bit too large of a spread to order the clamp I need. My wife says 49mm, but you know how that is

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    Anyone have the ID of the clamp? 25-50mm is a bit too large of a spread to order the clamp I need. My wife says 49mm, but you know how that is
    Lurker, 50mm or 2" is exactly the size I used for the pto rubber and bearing. I have one in my hand measuring right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information