Is rev limiter holding me back?

I have an 04 RXP with Riva air intake and 14/19 Solas. Last year it turned 8050 and would sometimes touch 8100. This year I put in a RR supercharger impeller and it still turns about the same rpm's and speed is 70.5, (I never checked speed last year, but must be the same). Can I re pitch and pick up some speed? Otherwise, I haven't gained anything from the impeller. I can't feel the rev limiter like I can with my car, where it causes an electronic miss and is obvious.

+1
    You won't feel the rev limiter on your ski. The limiter is 8200 RPM's but you will never see or feel it.

Ideally you want to be running 8100 RPM's. Causes for lower than normal RPM's are over filled oil, worn wear ring, boost leak and too much pitch on your impeller.

Quote Originally Posted by dave911rsr View Post
    I have an 04 RXP... I can't feel the rev limiter like I can with my car, where it causes an electronic miss and is obvious.
    I do not think you have hit the limiter yet. Boy, I could feel it on my 07 RXT. It's set at 8300 and when I was running 8260 it would cut out badly like you describe above. The cutout might have been something else but it felt just like you describe. Then I discovered I had damaged my exhaust manifold by running lean on the limiter so I revised everything so I only hit 8100 or less.

+1
    the limiter on 06+ models is a different animal than the limiter on the 04's

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    the limiter on 06+ models is a different animal than the limiter on the 04's
    Got it!!

I guess I was expecting more from the RR wheel. I can't see where it made any difference at all. It runs strong, but it did before, too. I don't seem to have picked up any rpm's. Maybe it has more low end, but I can't tell. I'm afraid if I do a re-pitch, I'll lose too many rpm's.

SC on water, TT on land
    When you hit the rev limiter, does it feel like your ski bucks real quick than backs down then tries to accelerate again? This is what mine is feeling like right now when i go WOT even while i'm in process of accelerating at around 30-40 mph. I want to make sure that i'm just hitting the rev limiter and that nothing else is going wrong (mods in sig). It didn't do this when it was 80 degrees out and 68 degree water, but now in 95 degrees out and 82 degree water its doing it.

I'll probably just try to repitch my prop unless someone else thinks its something other than the rev limiter.

Thread Information