Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar

Does a fast Honda PWC exist?

Hey guys, just wondering if there are any fast (75mph or better) Hondas running around the waters anywhere in the world. I've owned nothing but Sea-Doos and Kawasakis, and have only known one person that's ever owned a turbo Honda (didn't seem that fast), so I don't know. Are there some fast ones out there? Doesn't seem like much of an aftermarket for them. Are you guys going with bigger turbos like K04s or GT series ball-bearings, or anything like that?

My post isn't being disrespectful, as it's a genuine one. I'm just curious. As someone whose worked within the import car industry and knowing that some of the fastest 4-cylinder cars in the world are turbo Hondas, it only makes sense that their PWC motors would have some potential, too. Is this not the case?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    Hey guys, just wondering if there are any fast (75mph or better) Hondas running around the waters anywhere in the world. I've owned nothing but Sea-Doos and Kawasakis, and have only known one person that's ever owned a turbo Honda (didn't seem that fast), so I don't know. Are there some fast ones out there? Doesn't seem like much of an aftermarket for them. Are you guys going with bigger turbos like K04s or GT series ball-bearings, or anything like that?

My post isn't being disrespectful, as it's a genuine one. I'm just curious. As someone whose worked within the import car industry and knowing that some of the fastest 4-cylinder cars in the world are turbo Hondas, it only makes sense that their PWC motors would have some potential, too. Is this not the case?
    The Honda's F & R model beach ball shaped hulls were made to be predictable in turns and fun to spin too. It is far from a fast hull. The motor's turbo, intercooler, ECM, pump inlet and valve srpings also limit what speed you can get out of it.
    It is fun, economical and reliable but not fast.
    JR

+1
    Well, according to Nitro there are a few 70+ mph Honda's out there, but I haven't seen one......yet!

Now that the new F15X is out and running a solid 65 mph, I'm sure we'll see some good mods soon which will push this ski beyond 70.

Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Well, according to Nitro there are a few 70+ mph Honda's out there, but I haven't seen one......yet!

Now that the new F15X is out and running a solid 65 mph, I'm sure we'll see some good mods soon which will push this ski beyond 70.
    70 on a STOCK HONDA never

Quote Originally Posted by GPR RIDER View Post
    70 on a STOCK HONDA never
    He didnt say on a stock honda. He said after some mods.

+1
    I have heard there might be one or two running 70-71 mph--but you have to spend a ton of money to get there.
    Last edited by Sundance; 06-03-2008 at 08:20 PM.

+1
    I have a Honda that has run 75+ Mph...I have allot of upgrades and have spent allot of time playing with the pump and rideplate set up. It is a reliable machine and can be ridden anywhere. I have a adjustable knob where i can adjust the boost. The ski hasnt been ridden much lately has i have started playing with a RXT and modding it. I really want to do a GPR with a Honda engine as i think it would be the hot ticket! The Honda motor is awesome! Anyone that has been on my ski says the whole shot is amazing. I have never felt anything pull so hard on the water. I am using a Autronics ECU with a larger turbo as the power plant.

+1
    Tons of money yes...lol it is more like a insane amount of money...It is a cool thing to have but i think i would rather have a GPRXP looking back...

Quote Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
    I have heard there might be one or two running 70-71 mph--but you have to spend a ton of money to get there.

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by V6speed04 View Post
    I have a Honda that has run 75+ Mph...I have allot of upgrades and have spent allot of time playing with the pump and rideplate set up. It is a reliable machine and can be ridden anywhere. I have a adjustable knob where i can adjust the boost. The ski hasnt been ridden much lately has i have started playing with a RXT and modding it. I really want to do a GPR with a Honda engine as i think it would be the hot ticket! The Honda motor is awesome! Anyone that has been on my ski says the whole shot is amazing. I have never felt anything pull so hard on the water. I am using a Autronics ECU with a larger turbo as the power plant.
    Not to imply that I'm pulling out the BS meter, but can you post some more info on this 75mph + Honda? Any runs on video? Would 75mph + on a Honda PWC pretty much be a world's record?

Post the specs on that bad boy here for us.

+1
    here is what is done to it

-Autronics EMS - bigger Turbo - Wide band 02 - Custom Ride Plate - G2x Data Recording system - bigger intercooler - Pump Wedge - some pump modifications as well

im turning about 7200 RPMs to run those kind of speeds, The ski also gets a bounce when i get off the throtle, but other than that it runs very strong. I really think the hot ticket is putting that motor in a GPR haul. The honda is capable of allot of power when properly tuned.

Next time i take it out i will try to get someone to video tape it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    Not to imply that I'm pulling out the BS meter, but can you post some more info on this 75mph + Honda? Any runs on video? Would 75mph + on a Honda PWC pretty much be a world's record?

Post the specs on that bad boy here for us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information