Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Top speed?

Top speed?

Do you guys go by the max speed on the gps?

I've gotten a couple 2 or 3 71.something runs using that method, but when I look at the log most of the top speeds are 70.something.

Can I claim 71.3 or should I stick with the consitant 70.something numbers?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    excellent thread lurker. you can bet ur ass that many people are using the MAX SPEED method.... sure u can post that number since most everyone else does but no, that's not the legit speed... i watch my GPS more than the water up ahead. i want to see what GPS number i can hold and maintain CONSTANT for a minimum of 5 seconds is what i look for

a nice method, but difficult to do at WOT... is get your ski up to top speed and then reset your avg speed while ur already at the peak speed and see what you avg. those "MAX SPEED" numbers are irrelevant IMO unless u can replicate it 5 times in a row

+1
    My GPS will not log a max speed unless you maintain it for a few seconds,

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Obviousely, the enthusiasm generated by adding mods and attempting to surpass our previous performance data usually leads to posting "top speed" when we are succesful... I know I'm guilty of it That's why we all buy a GPS and learn how to post pics

Though I have "seen" 75.1mph (and only once, I might add), realistically it's a 74 mph ski... that, I HAVE seen more than once

top speed?

I just started posting here(see yesterday.) The numbers I'm interested in are the accelleration curves on these machines, not the top end. When riding I get far more enjoyment out of the pull of the boat rather then touching 80-82 mph once in a while. Can anyone help me figure these out? Do GPS' plot accelleration?

+1
    u'd be interested in reading this thread for acceleration info

http://www.greenhulk.net/4tec/showth...t=acceleration

link

Thanx, the link that u posted doesn't go anywhere, but I'm not great with the computer Can u tell me were to look on the greenhulk site? Thanx

+1
    hm... i'm not sure either. i'm not overly familiar with this software on the forum yet. but anyway...

at the top of this site click SEARCH and type in "GPS plots"

it'll give u a thread that mjammer made where u can enter GPS plots and it'll give u a graph of accelation data.

let me know if u find it..

+1
    This weekend I saw 10-Passes @ 72.9 at the end of the day and lots of 72.2's and 3's.

I kept hitting reset to watch the peak speed so my logs were not that long, but when I viewed them there was a couple of 74 MPH anyone know why it did not show as the peak speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    excellent thread lurker. you can bet ur ass that many people are using the MAX SPEED method.... sure u can post that number since most everyone else does but no, that's not the legit speed... i watch my GPS more than the water up ahead. i want to see what GPS number i can hold and maintain CONSTANT for a minimum of 5 seconds is what i look for

a nice method, but difficult to do at WOT... is get your ski up to top speed and then reset your avg speed while ur already at the peak speed and see what you avg. those "MAX SPEED" numbers are irrelevant IMO unless u can replicate it 5 times in a row
    So your saying if I reach top speed and hold it there for 15-20 secs, it`s considered a legit number?
    I`ve hit 69.1 on 2 occasions this way, steady. I think I can squeak a little more in better waters, but a little reluctant since the SC issue...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information