+1

O/T--Outer Banks NC Area

Just an FYI for anyone who is planning to come to the Outer Banks NC area anytime in the near future and rent a home.

DO NOT RENT FROM JOE LAMB JR real estate service....

This guy is a nutjob and rude as hell.

I am here with my G/F and her family for a week and they rented a home from this company. I believe that they have rented from them before but they get a different home every year.

So we get checked in and this house is FILTHY...there is so much dust and dirt everywhere. the refrigerator had not been cleaned in several months, the refrigerator was not working properly and most of the dishes in the cabinets were dirty.

So we make a call to the company to tell them about the conditions here. They said they would send a cleaning crew out to fix everything and that they are sorry. OK, no big deal, they seem to be willing to take care of eveything so far.

The cleaning crew shows up and they cant believe that the house is so disgusting and then there was a knock on the door. Mr Lamb himself came over and told my G/F's sister to get off the phone and he wanted to know who she was calling. This guy is one RUDE A$$HOLE!!!! He said that there was no way we were getting a rebate on the $$$ for the house and that it normally rents for twice the almost 5K they spent on it and that we should be lucky that we even got the house for that price.

There were many other things DIRTY about this house, and its owner but just wanted to warn everyone NOT TO USE JOE LAMB REAL ESTATE ever....You will be sorry....

i make, break, and fix things 08255's Avatar
    i know last year, we got a house from joe lamb...i dont have any complaints however..sorry to hear about the bad experience.

BTW--- where are the public boat ramps in OBX? this is the first year to take a boat down.

+1
    I havent seen a public boat ramp anywhere near the beach nor have I even seen a jetski out on the ocean, and I have been here since Sunday..Nor have I seen anyone driving around witha ski trailer arond town...From what I understood from all the books I read and internet stuff there is a 600 ft buffer betweeen the beach and the area where skis are allowed so I didnt even bring my skis...Rental rates are $80 to 90 for an hour on a yamaha vx110....LOL!!!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 08255 View Post
    i know last year, we got a house from joe lamb...i dont have any complaints however..sorry to hear about the bad experience.

BTW--- where are the public boat ramps in OBX? this is the first year to take a boat down.

And you know what is worse than the fact that the house was filthy is that this is JOE LAMB'S PERSONAL HOUSE!!!!!!!!

As I stated before, my G/F's family has rented with this company before and had not problems but this year we happened to get his personal house and this guy is a disgusting pig..........

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    I havent seen a public boat ramp anywhere near the beach nor have I even seen a jetski out on the ocean, and I have been here since Sunday..Nor have I seen anyone driving around witha ski trailer arond town...From what I understood from all the books I read and internet stuff there is a 600 ft buffer betweeen the beach and the area where skis are allowed so I didnt even bring my skis...Rental rates are $80 to 90 for an hour on a yamaha vx110....LOL!!!!!
    Where on the OBX are you? I have been going down there for about 20 years, at least two weeks a year. I know some hidden ramps on Hatteras Island.

Ski's are banned from the ocean there.

I will recommend Surf or Sound Realty to Anyone. I have stayed with Outer Beaches, Midget, and Surf or Sound in the past and out of the three, SoS is the best.

OBX Rocks

Me and my family have been vacationing here for many many years, since I was a kid. I'm in OBX right now and plan to launch out of the public boat ramp at mile post 6, sound side.

I love OBX, NC. Wish you had better luck.

+1
    Libel
    Pronunciation: \ˈlī-bəl\
    Function: noun
    "a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1): a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2): defamation of a person by written or representational means..."

just food for thought...
    p.s.-- thanks for the warning, and sorry about your vacation, that sucks!

Thread Information