Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    763
    +1
    26

    Smile Hawk Eye Depth gauge works

    Installed an in-the-hull tranducer - Next to the exhaust outlet - where the resonator sat. Works fine - reads under 2 feet. I ground the area semi smooth and used J B Weld to attach it. Mounted the gauge next to the speedo - works up to about 30 mph - Sometimes higher. Now if I could find one that would plot depths on GPS for further study.

    Tim


  2. #2
    J3ff
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tchies
    Installed an in-the-hull tranducer - Next to the exhaust outlet - where the resonator sat. Works fine - reads under 2 feet. I ground the area semi smooth and used J B Weld to attach it. Mounted the gauge next to the speedo - works up to about 30 mph - Sometimes higher. Now if I could find one that would plot depths on GPS for further study.

    Tim
    Hey I was wondering about you.

    Mine also works up to about 30/35. Seems as if the bottom is real hard it'll even work at 50 ish.

    The one problem i'm having is that when im somewhere with a soft bottom (the harbor and a few other areas) I get NOTHING.........

    Do u see that too?

  3. #3
    This makes me more so glad I didn't go with the HawkEye.

    I went with the Lowrance LST3800. It's great, works at WOT, and reads down to about a foot.

  4. #4
    J3ff
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    This makes me more so glad I didn't go with the HawkEye.

    I went with the Lowrance LST3800. It's great, works at WOT, and reads down to about a foot.
    yea but that's so uh, ugly?

    Also - mine is placed sort of up front, because there was no other good places for it, so I didnt expect it to work when I come out of the water.....

    I also might not have installed it the best

  5. #5
    I've not had an issue with it not working or water getting in the display.

    It will also tell me the temperature of the engine compartment, not a big feature but neat to know.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Posts
    763
    +1
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by J3ff
    Hey I was wondering about you.

    Mine also works up to about 30/35. Seems as if the bottom is real hard it'll even work at 50 ish.

    The one problem i'm having is that when im somewhere with a soft bottom (the harbor and a few other areas) I get NOTHING.........

    Do u see that too?
    Sometimes it does go - - -

    I really don't trust any of them at 50 - It would be to late when it hit '1'

    I usually use to it find a channel on the Miss. when floating.

    Does anyone know how to kill the "beep beep" when the lanyard is plugged in. I used the purple switched wire to power my accessories - which means the lanyard has to be on.

    Tim

  7. #7
    GRF + DashPac:) seadoo02xp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,559
    +1
    948
    dont get the lcd wet!!!! been there done that

  8. #8
    I went with a Standard Horizon depth gauge, the read out was the size of a pack of cigs, custom made transom mount using the drain plug hole for location, was good to over 63+ miles per hour!...To bad I sold it with the ski, before we got the GTX SC...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-25-2007 at 12:01 PM.

  9. #9
    Is there any way to integrate they non-BRP depth senders with the OEM dash dispay?

  10. #10
    Kaybat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    1,735
    +1
    28
    Does anyone know how to kill the "beep beep" when the lanyard is plugged in. I used the purple switched wire to power my accessories - which means the lanyard has to be on.

    tchies-you can just cut the wire to the alarm(in handlebar assembly),or fill those little round holes(in front of handlebar assembly)with silicone,and you'll barely hear the beeping-kaybat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone got a depth gauge?
    By J3ff in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 01:06 PM
  2. Boost gauge, Gps, Depth Gauge ideas
    By Mark S in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 04-17-2006, 09:59 PM
  3. RXT Clock And Depth Gauge
    By BrAinZ in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 03:05 AM
  4. Hawk eye depth finder help needed
    By Bamafanatic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-02-2005, 08:42 AM
  5. New Depth Gauge Transducer/Program Installation Problem
    By STEAMBOAT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •