OPAS competition kit

what do you guys think about the competition kit from riva? I think I would make my own to be honest. But the idea of them. To keep the opas in the upright position at all times. does it add any performance? Also whats it like with the opas system removed completely? never rode without it.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedblast View Post
    what do you guys think about the competition kit from riva? I think I would make my own to be honest. But the idea of them. To keep the opas in the upright position at all times. does it add any performance? Also whats it like with the opas system removed completely? never rode without it.
    Skip all that and go with either Riva pro OPAS block offs or Race enginnering Block offs from the online store. You'll be waaaay happier.

Don't buy the comp kit. If you want to do it cut some 1/2" sch 20 plastic pipe 2" long, and cut them lengthwise twice to cut a piece out then hold the opas blade up and pop them in on the stud.

Welcome to the board!

check out the search feature, lots of info on OPAS...Kits, Riva, RE`s... etc...

I was also thinking of these, not wanting to void my warranty with the block offs....

I have them...and they do improve the acceleration a little by not dropping into the water all the time. Plus if that opas screen gets plugged, you dont have to worry about these flippers dropping in the water permanently! On the flip side, I rode my buddy Gus's ski without the OPAS...a little wierd turning, but much more consistant control accelerating and turning. I was against removing the OPAS for the longest time...but Im finally crumbling to the pressure and thinking about removing the training wheels Need to remove for a thru hull exhaust anyway.

+1
    Welcome
    Dont waste your time with any type of covers to replace your opas.
    I ran it on my GTX. Either block up your opas, cut opas padles (never tried it but i bet it will work nicely), or remove opas and install RES or pro bo,s depending on what ski you got. I highly reccomend the last if you are looking to get to moving anywhere near 75. I am not expert, just going from seat of the pants.

I figured i would just try it out. I mean it takes 20 minutes of my time and scrap pieces of tubing i have in my garage. If there is a difference I can feel then i might ride on it for a little then just get the block off kits.

I noticed a little less surging in chop but the handling in turns, the fins catching or diging in was still present.

Definitely worth the experimentation.

Thread Information