Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
  1. #1
    wolfmad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Texas- Houston
    Posts
    177

    10 Hr SHO service

    How much is your dealer charging for the 10 hr "maint check" on the new SHO's?


  2. #2
    H MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Clearwater-Tampabay FL
    Posts
    39
    I think they told me $250 when I made the appointment for next week. 6/10/08.

  3. #3
    Braden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Lake Cumberland
    Posts
    11
    My dealer is charging $200 for the 10hr service on Yamaha's.

  4. #4
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    I just did my 50 hour service and they charged me fricking 270...included changing oil and spark plugs but still..........and now i'm looking at the oil level and it looks a quart too high on the dipstick....only 3 hours after oil change from dealer....wtf? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

  5. #5
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    I just did my 50 hour service and they charged me fricking 270...included changing oil and spark plugs but still..........and now i'm looking at the oil level and it looks a quart too high on the dipstick....only 3 hours after oil change from dealer....wtf? GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    dude, you gotta change your own oil & plugs!!! Thats all there is to it!!!

  6. #6
    It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Posts
    4,573
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    dude, you gotta change your own oil & plugs!!! Thats all there is to it!!!
    i hear ya.....got the filters and plugs ordered....not making that mistake again....that was my cold-air intake.....grrrrrrrrrrr

  7. #7
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    i hear ya.....got the filters and plugs ordered....not making that mistake again....that was my cold-air intake.....grrrrrrrrrrr
    Have you been following dent wizzard? I am going to go the fab your own route. I dont want to step on anyones toes here, but $460 for what you get for the cold air & free flow exhaust is a little out of hand IMO. I have a friend who owns a metal & welding shop who has a tube bender & I just have to see how large of pipe he can roll. Or Amazon rubber is just up the road from me so anyways, thats the route I'm going to take....


    Jim

  8. #8
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    Have you been following dent wizzard? I am going to go the fab your own route. I dont want to step on anyones toes here, but $460 for what you get for the cold air & free flow exhaust is a little out of hand IMO. I have a friend who owns a metal & welding shop who has a tube bender & I just have to see how large of pipe he can roll. Or Amazon rubber is just up the road from me so anyways, thats the route I'm going to take....


    Jim
    Thats what I was gonna do man. Scribble Riva on it if you want!

  9. #9
    SHO What????? jpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    720
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Thats what I was gonna do man. Scribble Riva on it if you want!
    I dont know Jt am I sounding cheap or is that a bad idea? Just seems that these things are not rocket science & I dont need a brand name to be happy. The only thing I would like to know, will Riva reimburse for damage due to water ingestion? if not, why spend the $$$


    Jim

  10. #10
    Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Right side of Kansas
    Posts
    4,342
    +1
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack View Post
    I dont know Jt am I sounding cheap or is that a bad idea? Just seems that these things are not rocket science & I dont need a brand name to be happy. The only thing I would like to know, will Riva reimburse for damage due to water ingestion? if not, why spend the $$$


    Jim
    Cheap?? Hell no!! You can do it easy and make it look just as good! Not rocket science at all. I was gonna figure out a way to take the filter all the way to the front compartment.. Then put a couple of strategically placed holes on the compartment lid so cool air can get in. Follow? Cool air is paramount!!!!!

    Was gonna use 2 of these adapters. One on either side of that big white plate:

    Put the filter on the compartment side and then the tubing with a nice coupler would hook on the other side.
    Last edited by jtskier11; 06-04-2008 at 07:13 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 10 hr service
    By justice25 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 07:30 AM
  2. 10 hr service question
    By CarFanatic in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-28-2006, 08:38 PM
  3. 10 hr service
    By chris2879 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 10:21 PM
  4. RPM after 10 hr service...
    By GTXX in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-27-2006, 06:03 AM
  5. Dealership 10 hr service cost!
    By Compwhiz82 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2005, 01:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •