Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Right Spark Plug for Polaris Genesis 2001

Hi, i how just bought a Polaris Genesis 2001, i tested it in the evening, but i just get it up to 3000 RPM, and 8 miles/h, and it will go in 60 Mils/h....And sometning will be worng? i have cleand all the fuel tubes and tnings like that, but i Was looking in the Manual, and find that the spark plug should be PZFR6H, but in my Polaris it was NGK BPR9ES, and is it ok ? and i saw that another user of my Polaris used NGK BPR8ES, ...now I am conffused....is that the problem, why my jetski wont go over 3000 RPM....I live in sweden, and i didnt find any place to buy PZFR6H , CAN i use some other Spark Plug ?

Please Help me solve my problem with my Genesis...

Or is it another problem ?

+1

Cool

both could be right,is it carburetors or F/I.if your not sure pm vin # and will tell all

later cd

hmmm. I dont now what you mean.....please teel me what Sprak Plugs i can use....

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    For the Ficht fuel injected Genesis i & Virage TXi engines, the spark plug is NGK brand PZFR6H.
    There are no substitutes or alternative brand plugs, as far as I know.

I found SparkPlugs.com to have good pricing for these hard-to-find spark plugs. They come in boxes of four, I bought three boxes ==> enough for four sets of three.

If they won't ship to you directly, there are a number of Green Hulk folks who might be willing to forward them to you.

For the carbureted Genesis models, I think the correct spark plug is the NGK BPR9ES.

Apparently, there is also an Iridium tipped version, BR9EIX

Other carb'ed Polaris engines use the NGK BPR8ES, so check the manual to be sure.
    Last edited by K447; 06-03-2008 at 04:08 PM.

what would be hapening if I use wrong Spark Plug ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hajenhajen View Post
    what would be happening if I use wrong Spark Plug ?
    I'm not sure what the long term effects are, but Polaris must have had good reason to change from their standard NGK spark plug in the carb'ed engines to the platinum tipped PZFR6H for the fuel injected engines.

Which engine type do you have - fuel injected or carbureted?

On any engine, using a 'too cold' spark plug leads to plug fouling, as the tip doesn't get hot enough to burn off contaminants (oil, etc).

Using a 'too hot' heat range spark plug can cause pre-ignition, which causes piston and cylinder damage.

For NGK, the lower the middle digit, the HOTTER the heat range for that spark plug. So the BPR8ES would be one heat range hotter than the recommended BPR9ES in a carbureted Genesis engine.

When you are just trying to get the engine running, short term I think you can use the BPR9ES spark plug. It won't limit RPM, and new spark plugs are important to ensure that the old plugs were not causing some of the trouble. I would not ride with those plugs for long time.

+1
    NGK Extra Long Life Double Platinum PZFR6H spark plug, with Extreme Projected Extended Tip, Fine Point Platinum Center Electrode and Platinum Tip Laser Welded on Ground Electrode

Torque & Gap label added by me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6030226.JPG 
Views:	327 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	75882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6030227.JPG 
Views:	360 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	75883  

Clarification needed on correct spark plug for a 2001 Carbed genesis

My apologies for bringing up an old thread, but it is exactly what I am trying to figure out.
    My service manual calls for a BR9ES on my 2001 genesis not a BPR9ES as stated below. Can I get some clarification on the right plugs. Also will these be the same in my 2001 carbed TX? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hajenhajen View Post
    what would be happening if I use wrong Spark Plug ?
    I'm not sure what the long term effects are, but Polaris must have had good reason to change from their standard NGK spark plug in the carb'ed engines to the platinum tipped PZFR6H for the fuel injected engines.

Which engine type do you have - fuel injected or carbureted?

On any engine, using a 'too cold' spark plug leads to plug fouling, as the tip doesn't get hot enough to burn off contaminants (oil, etc).

Using a 'too hot' heat range spark plug can cause pre-ignition, which causes piston and cylinder damage.

For NGK, the lower the middle digit, the HOTTER the heat range for that spark plug. So the BPR8ES would be one heat range hotter than the recommended BPR9ES in a carbureted Genesis engine.

When you are just trying to get the engine running, short term I think you can use the BPR9ES spark plug. It won't limit RPM, and new spark plugs are important to ensure that the old plugs were not causing some of the trouble. I would not ride with those plugs for long time.

Correct spark plugs for Virage Txi.

Quote Originally Posted by dalepatter View Post
    My apologies for bringing up an old thread, but it is exactly what I am trying to figure out.
    My service manual calls for a BR9ES on my 2001 genesis not a BPR9ES as stated below. Can I get some clarification on the right plugs. Also will these be the same in my 2001 carbed TX? Thanks.
    Hello! I am new to this thread. But I couldn't help notice that there were 2 different spark plugs mentioned for the Virage Txi. The PZFR6H in this thread. But I had read in another thread that it should take the PZFR6G. Is there a difference?? Wanna make sure I get the correct plugs for this Ski.

Thanks!!

Hello. I noticed there were 2 different plugs suggested for the Virage Txi. The PZFR6H and in another thread the PZFR6G. Wanna make sure I'm getting the correct plugs for this Ski. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information