Thread: P2102 Error

P2102 Error

What should I look for? How do I fix it? The book says something about pressure switch? Any ideas?

Surf City, California
    Are you talking about the P1202 Error Code? I was getting that my last ocean ride so on Friebe's advise I bought a new OSPS sensor switch and while removing the old one the wire pulled out of the AMP plug. Rather than buy a $400 engine harness i got a very small female spade terminal, removed the remaining pieces of the corroded metal from the single pin AMP plug, drilled a hole thru the AMP plug and inserted my newly created wire w/ the small female spade connector crimped and shrink tubed on the end of it and gooped it inside the AMP plug after I attached it to the small male spade pin on the new OSPS switch. Basicall hardwired the wire to the switch/sensor. I did put a disconnect the wire outside of the AMP plug. Haven't tested it yet but I think it will work fine, assuming that the switch or the corroded wire was causing my error code. Worst case scenario would be limp home mode when I test it Saturday. I'll stay close to shore till I'm certain it's ok. Kind of a long reply, I know. Steve said every time he's seen this code that the switch was the culprit. Sounds good to me.
    T C

But I am not sure where to find this sensor/swithc. Where is it?

Surf City, California
    It's below the T.O.P.S. valve at the front of the engine near the oil filler tube. The AMP plug connected to it has only one contact in it.

Thread Information