Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC blown,I know old story

07 RXP stock,I took it to dealer w/34 hrs last year telling them the speedo would not go past 54mph.They said it was fine & checked out.I winterized it,took it out this year & it was weak on power.I took it back to dealer & told them issues & then I got the call of the bad SC.It had 40 hrs when I took it back,thats 6 hrs after blown SC.Since then I joined this site & found out the horror to be expected.I printed out some of the threads & Jerrys comments & took to the dealer/also have talked to BRP cust.serv. twice.Bottom line BRP will pay for SC kit/labor but will not for mtr pull & pump repair.They said if I pay for the mtr pull & damage is found then they would reimburse.My question is what are the odds of them not finding BRP fault w/oil pumps & me being stuck w/labor & parts in excess of $1400.I have the steel washers & ceramic bearings on order along w/stage 1 w/4"rear intake,S/S wear ring & a few other goodies.dealer said they would put in my washers/bearings since they would have it apart anyway.I'll do the rest.WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS DO ABOUT PAYING TO PULL MOTOR ?????? I KNOW YOU GUYS ARE SICK OF TALKING ABOUT THIS BUT I AM NEW TO PWC'S. THANKS

You gotta pull the motor and clean out the oil pumps.

That dealer sucks, if they don't pull the motor and go through it you will have a cam chain break, or throw a rod, or a number of other things.

Hopefully you have the B.E.S.T? If you don't then buy it asap

I would find a different dealer in your area that knows what the hell they are doing, figuring out the washers in the SC took a crap is as easy as pulling the hose/tube off the charger and seeing if the impeller spins freely is not rocket science...... any tech worth a damn should know this as the problem has been ongoing since these came out in 2004.

Get a new dealer!

Smile SC blown,I know old story

There is actually a dealer in AZ that knows what is going on & they are completely friendly & competent.Jay @ desert dog off road & fab.(480)837-0068.They are a BRP only dealer so they dont have to worry about multiple brands.I will post this on the good dealer list.

Quote Originally Posted by Just4fun View Post
    There is actually a dealer in AZ that knows what is going on & they are completely friendly & competent.Jay @ desert dog off road & fab.(480)837-0068.They are a BRP only dealer so they dont have to worry about multiple brands.I will post this on the good dealer list.
    This isn't the same dealer you refer to in post 1 of this thread is it?

No,that dealer actually still has my ski,but w/my costant complaining & taking info to them they were able to get BRP's permission to check ot the pumps.Any future warranty issue will be going to Desert Dog.

My S/C Ceramic Washers disintegrated @ 38 hrs. at 40mph. I knew it immediately when I didn't hear the high pitched S/C Rotor

Had to run (slowly) about 5 minutes to get back to dock.
    Dealer pulled engine, replaced both oil pumps (both damaged by ceramic dust) and douched out engine twice with oil.

Original warrenty paid for everything except I paid for the RIVA Metal S/C Washers that went back into the S/C.

From what I gather from Jerry's comments and other threads on this forum, you cannot (easily) do the proper repair w/o replacing both Oil Pumps and cleaneing the engine Oil galleries. Engine has to come out........

If dealer won't push Bombardier to pay for that, then find a dealer who will or buy the shop manual, tools and do it yourself, which would be far less expensive and you would learn alot and never have to rely on a stealer again....

My 2 cents..... (keep the change)

DvD

if its warranty they should pay for all the damage occured from the washer failure. but if they are good willing the sc repair then thats what they do you pay for one they pay for the other. even though its not right thats what they do. a good dealer should be able to work it out with brp. they should be able to pull and place that motor in a day with the oil pump replacement. if they can do it in under a 8 hr day they should be allowed to work on skis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information