Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sank the SL750

Question Sank the SL750

Well almost sank her LOL launched it and the 900 yesterday ran them down to the house all was good. The wife was ready to take her first ride on it today so i got her aquainted with the controls and away she went. As she was on her way back i noticed the boat porpusing I know that isn't spelled right and was a tad low in the water so theni starts cutting out and quit. So we pull it back to the dock tie it up and pop off the seat dummy me when i was rebuilding it had removed the plug in the manifold to blow the water out of and didn't tighten it back up anyhow we had water even with the cylinder heads. So we drug that pup ashore with the old tractor and drained her out. Anywho the question is just how watertight are the electrical boxes on these puppies, think i may have gotten some water in it? It's wasn't firing but there was so much water in it it may have misted the carbs and wet the plugs didn't have much time to troubleshoot before i had to head to work.

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    The box really isn't normally water tight but water resistant,Get it open and get her dryed out,I'd fog the engine till you get it started.Pull the plugs and crank it and blow any water out. But get it running ASAP.

take all the plugs out float out all the water by cranking and then fog the crap out of it

Smile

Hey fella's she didn't hydro lock i just suspect it probably got a small snort of water, i mostly suspected the electrical box just wanted to get some more experienced opinons on the hhmm water tightness of the box. Still cranks over just fine but no spark. I would suspect the box before i would the stator/flywheel housing. Thank's for the input.

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    The box really isn't normally water tight but water resistant,Get it open and get her dryed out,I'd fog the engine till you get it started.Pull the plugs and crank it and blow any water out. But get it running ASAP.
    Sorry to get off-topic, but ole girl in your avatar has an arse on her that won't quit. Does she have a website?

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    Sorry to get off-topic, but ole girl in your avatar has an arse on her that won't quit. Does she have a website?
    Nope, She's a friend that's just a Paramedic in Texas. Ha Ha, Maybe if you wreck,you'll see her.
    Last edited by Keddano; 06-04-2008 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRT&H2O=MUD View Post
    Hey fella's she didn't hydro lock i just suspect it probably got a small snort of water, i mostly suspected the electrical box just wanted to get some more experienced opinons on the hhmm water tightness of the box. Still cranks over just fine but no spark. I would suspect the box before i would the stator/flywheel housing. Thank's for the input.
    Pull the stator housing too! Was this fresh water or salt?

Question

Yea it was just fresh water lol hell any water in the electrial system is bad The ole Ohio river i guess all the crap coming from the plants up river could be acidic lol may not have a stator left so do ya'll know if there is a drain plug in the stator housing?

Quote Originally Posted by DIRT&H2O=MUD View Post
    Yea it was just fresh water lol hell any water in the electrial system is bad The ole Ohio river i guess all the crap coming from the plants up river could be acidic lol may not have a stator left so do ya'll know if there is a drain plug in the stator housing?
    No- pull the housing just to be sure. Easy to do.....

Cool

Hey thanks for the info about the stator housing anyone know where to get a large can of contact cleaner all i ever seem to run across is the small can's. In the past on the dirt bike's and 4 wheeler's when i would get water in there i usually used brake cleaner never seemed to cause any problems but then again having one quit on the trail isn't near the pain in the ass as it would be 3 mile's down river LOL. Somone tell me i'm probable not gonna have to pull the fuel cell to pull the stator housing i just tooped her off with fuel, i replaced all the fuel lines filter' etc. when i got here in the fall but don't remember how much room there is down in the hull.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information