RXT-X low oil light

After 3 hours of use I got the low oil light and the ski would not go over 5mph due to a limp mode, if I shut the ski off and started it back up I could go idle w/o any problems but when I tried to go any faster it would get the error again and go into limp mode. The oil level was fine when I checked it 3 times, this happened when I was in some chop but only going about 30mph nothing crazy. I took it to the dealer and he could not find any codes. Any ideas?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmcd View Post
    After 3 hours of use I got the low oil light and the ski would not go over 5mph due to a limp mode, if I shut the ski off and started it back up I could go idle w/o any problems but when I tried to go any faster it would get the error again and go into limp mode. The oil level was fine when I checked it 3 times, this happened when I was in some chop but only going about 30mph nothing crazy. I took it to the dealer and he could not find any codes. Any ideas?
    The only time my ski did what you where saying was after an oil change, someone left the oil cap off and I was spewing oil into my hull But in your case I don't know, that's a new one.. Are you checking your oil while your ski is in the water? if your checking oil level on your trailer you could be getting a wrong reading..

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    The only time my ski did what you where saying was after an oil change, someone left the oil cap off and I was spewing oil into my hull But in your case I don't know, that's a new one.. Are you checking your oil while your ski is in the water? if your checking oil level on your trailer you could be getting a wrong reading..

Alex

It was in the water and flat when I checked it.

Thread Information