Thread: Possum kingdom

Possum kingdom

Does anyone ride out at PK lake in Texas?

I haven't been in a year and a half. It's pretty and worth the trip. We usually camp up river, get up early Sat morn and ride to the dam at a high rate of speed then have an all day ride back stopping by Hells Gate, a nice hang out area for lots of people. It gets rough in the early afternoon- boats and wind.

Quote Originally Posted by RIDEALLDAY View Post
    I haven't been in a year and a half. It's pretty and worth the trip. We usually camp up river, get up early Sat morn and ride to the dam at a high rate of speed then have an all day ride back stopping by Hells Gate, a nice hang out area for lots of people. It gets rough in the early afternoon- boats and wind.
    Yeah it does get rough durring the day, the yacht wakes are fun to jump tho! My parents have a lake house out there so it is really nice to go out durring the week. it is a very pretty lake. I'll be out there this week end my parents place is right by hells gate. I ride an 06 red rxp around that area (although there are red rxp's every where at pk).

I won't be out there for a few months, but it's gonna happen. It's too pretty to stay away from.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    used to make fishing trips out there... back in 01-03 before the golden algae killed everything off... used to stay off sandbar point IIRC

I just went out there last Thursday. Was on the lake by 9am,putting in at the SP on the far west side and stayed until 3 pm. and was just about the only one on the lake all day. Logged 145 miles. 2 trips from the SP to the dam, and 1 up the North side has far has I could get before the water got to shallow. Beautiful lake, My favorite spot to go other than the Brazos river just above Lake Whitney

Thread Information