Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Everyone attending Mudbug please read!!!!

We are going to make some changes this year.

While the water is dropping every day the area where my camp is located is still a no wake zone. Chances are the no wake zone will be lifted by then but i don't want to take chances and I don't want everyone to have to idle for miles to get to the cookout so this year the Saturday crawfish boil will be at Gros Marina. Both Riva and myself are sponsoring the cookout for you guys.

Riva will have a display tent set up at Gros and will have lots of cool new parts for everyone to check out.

The cookout at Gros will take place immediately after the radar runs. Gros isn't that far from where we do our radar runs. Those that have been here know that you cut across Grassy Lake and into the bayou and straight up to Gros.

When you guys check into the hotel the front desk will give you guys a greenhulk.net rubber bracelet for each person in your party. You will need this at Gros to get your free crawfish

For those that don't eat crawfish Gros will be cooking another meal and i believe they charge $5 per person. Gros will also have cold drinks available for purchase as well as their famous Cherry Bombs

The awards banquet will be held Saturday night at the Holiday Inn. Door prizes will be given out so be sure to get your ticket at the door.

Guys, please listen to this very carefully. If the no wake zone is still in effect this means you must slow to an idle speed anywhere there is a camp or house. Please don't disrespect the locals and obey the no wake zone.

Hopefully the no wake zones will be lifted by then and if they are lets also please show a little respect and not buzz past camps or houses at a high rate of speed and please try to keep your distance from the docks.

If the no wake zone is still in effect I'm going to urge everyone to launch at the Amelia boat launch. It's just right up the bayou from the radar run area and you can run WOT right out of the landing.

As an alternate launch site you can launch behind Doirons store. You will have to idle about 1/4 mile thru the residential canal which will bring you straight out to the radar run canal. Once you get to the canal hang a right to travel towards the radar runs. You will not want to launch at Doirons landing in our typical location as you will be subjected to a mile or so of no wake zones if still in effect.

If the no wake zone is still in effect we will not have a group picture under the bridge like last year. It's just too far to idle. We will try to get some sort of group picture at Gros since everyone will be there for the cookout anyway.

If you plan on attending or are canceling your trip please be sure and post an update on this thread so we have an idea on who's coming
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=47559

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new people. Please everyone drive safely on your journey and ride responsibly once you get here.

See you all in a week
    Last edited by Green Hulk; 06-04-2008 at 01:59 PM.

+1
    How do you get a bracelet if not staying at the hotel??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPryan View Post
    How do you get a bracelet if not staying at the hotel??
    I'll have some on me to hand out.

Thanks Jerry

See ya Saturday.....

+1
    I am sure that just like in years past, you will have maps at the hotels for everyone. I am starting to know the area but I am not sure how to get to the Ameila boat ramp.

+1
    You might want to check a calendar Jerry. It's 8 days til Mudbug, not a whole two weeks! (or check with JP on Mudbug 2008 thread for confirmation ).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    I am sure that just like in years past, you will have maps at the hotels for everyone. I am starting to know the area but I am not sure how to get to the Ameila boat ramp.
    No, but here are the directions.

This is a 4 lane launch with plenty of parking

To get to this launch take a left onto Roderick Street when leaving the Holiday Inn parking lot. Go to the light and take a left. Continue exactly 4.9 miles and take a right onto the service road just before the big Amelia bridge. Continue to the end of the road to the stop sign. You will see the launch directly ahead of you (under the bridge)

There are a couple of small stores near the launch with fuel, but only 1 fuel pump at each store. There is a large Chevron station with integrated McDonalds 1 mile away from the launch which you will see on the way to the landing.

To get to the riding area from the launch head left down the bayou upon leaving the landing.

+1

+1
    Also, if the no wake zone is lifted where our camp is i will have ice cold drinks for everyone. Just stop by, take a dip in the pool and cool off.

See you soon!

+1
    Ahhh, the "back way there". Got to love it. Now all we need is a back way to the Spunky Monkey. Beerfart, map please.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information