Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Yet another Boattest.com acceleration test

Here is another Boattest.com test that was sponsered and paid for by SeaDoo. Includes the Ultra 250X, FX Cruiser SHO, RXT and RXT-X. Claims that these are bone stock. Had the same tester make each run. Straight run just under 100 yards.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=878

Note they used the heavier Cruiser SHO. Attached are the results...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PWC Boat Test 2008.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	24.2 KB 
ID:	75994  

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slabo View Post
    Here is another Boattest.com test that was sponsered and paid for by SeaDoo. Includes the Ultra 250X, FX Cruiser SHO, RXT and RXT-X. Claims that these are bone stock. Had the same tester make each run. Straight run just under 100 yards.

http://www.boattest.com/VLibrary/vPlay.aspx?ID=878

Note they used the heavier Cruiser SHO. Attached are the results...
    heres the link for the initial boattest.com with ultra 250 vs SHO Cruiser vs RXT.....

So SHO went from the fastest to the slowest....very interesting. How does boattest explain the discrepancy in the results........SHO clearly beat the other 2 in the tests but that was in the 'yamaha' sponsored session.......guess it comes down to which manufacturer is paying the rent this month... And yes...i know the rxt-x is faster
    Last edited by Rip'nTear SHO; 06-04-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Yup, we know the RXT-X is fastest w/ stock machines. It's basically an AD for SeaDoo. I was surprised about the Ultra 250 results versus Jerry's shoutout.

I am good with the performance numbers of the SHO as I am happy to burn regular pump gas. I still consider it the best all around ride. Yamaha has been conservitive with the setup of the stock machine. I think the protential of the SHO just tuned up to use premium gas with some bolt ons is big

Quote Originally Posted by Rip'nTear SHO View Post
    So SHO went from the fastest to the slowest....very interesting. How does boattest explain the discrepancy in the results........SHO clearly beat the other 2 in the tests but that was in the 'yamaha' sponsored session.......guess it comes down to which manufacturer is paying the rent this month... And yes...i know the rxt-x is faster
    Not too impressed with boattest at the moment. I think we'll have to keep waiting on independent testing to see the real results

Everybody's focus to day is who is paying who.

Quote Originally Posted by agibbs View Post
    Not too impressed with boattest at the moment. I think we'll have to keep waiting on independent testing to see the real results

Everybody's focus to day is who is paying who.
    Agreed...when u see glaring discrepancies between similar tests......makes u wonder about boattest's credibility

Such an inconsistant website that it's almost to the fact that nothing on there is believable. I mean the SHO shootout, the SHO won in EVERY catergory. Here the SHO is dead last. And if you go look at their boat test results, it says the RXT has a top speed for 62.5, which I can speek on every1s behalf that it is NOT true. It really dissapoints me how they do this, and believe that no one catches on. John Wenz can go **** himself =P.

Cool

Did you notice how smooth and steady the Ultra 250 is in the video? Jeez it didn't porpoise or bounce a bit. I never rode one but it looks really super stable in the chop. And LOL @ John Wentz go F yourself. He did say that all of the bikes are within a "hairs breath" of eachother. Which made my choice easy in going with the comfort and amenties of the cruiser SHO.

Boattest.com is a joke they pimp themselves out to whoever is paying it is funny how now they show the ultra ahead of the SHO and all the other videos theirs and others show the SHO beating it and even the boattest ones show SHO beating sea doo's.

They are funny, I will admit I wore their videos out while waiting on the SHO to arrive. They do a good job of video but the info is bogus

Just checking the specs of the SHOs and realized the Cruiser is 11 lbs heavier that the standard model. Maybe the should have made John Wentz take a big dump before the Yamaha run to make up for the difference

Quote Originally Posted by italianstallion314 View Post
    Such an inconsistant website that it's almost to the fact that nothing on there is believable. I mean the SHO shootout, the SHO won in EVERY catergory. Here the SHO is dead last. And if you go look at their boat test results, it says the RXT has a top speed for 62.5, which I can speek on every1s behalf that it is NOT true. It really dissapoints me how they do this, and believe that no one catches on. John Wenz can go **** himself =P.
    agreed....Wenz can kiss my azz...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information