Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Wabasha on the Mississippi River

I'm planning an overnight ski trip (weather pending) to Wabasha Minnesota. It's rite on the river. We will be staying at a place called Eagles On The River 651-565-3509. Many area attractions with in walking distance to the boat ramp, including Slipperys Bar (grunpy old men), A wine bar (wife will love it) Italian place with awesome pizza, and a few other bars too. 2 marinas in the area selling 91+ octaine fuel. Wabasha is only 15 miles away from Lake City which is the widest place on the Mississippi and also has many things to do. The dates we are looking at are June 18,19,20 (Wed, Thurs, Fri) Riding during the week is so much nicer than the weekends. We might ride up from Prairie Du Chien or Trailer a little closer.
    Anyone with a ski or boat is welcome to meet up with us.

Jeff
    Last edited by driveumhard; 06-04-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: spell

+1
    I could definitely make that, especially wed. or thurs.. When you get your dates confirmed, please post or let me know. I have a friend in Rochester, Mn. who might be able to make it as well. If the water is high enough, there is an off shoot river that one can ride up into Wis. The Lake City part of the river is a very nice area...also not to far away from Red Wing which is a neat little town and has lots of back water areas.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JetskiMN View Post
    I could definitely make that, especially wed. or thurs.. When you get your dates confirmed, please post or let me know. I have a friend in Rochester, Mn. who might be able to make it as well. If the water is high enough, there is an off shoot river that one can ride up into Wis. The Lake City part of the river is a very nice area...also not to far away from Red Wing which is a neat little town and has lots of back water areas.
    That sounds great! Always looking for new waters to ride.
    It looks like we will be there for sure on Thursday, June 19th.

+1
    How early are you planning on being there? I can only ride either day (wed. or thurs.) from like 10:00am to 3:00pm...have to be home by 4:30pm.

+1
    How early are you planning on being there? I can only ride either day (wed. or thurs.) from like 10:00am to 3:00pm...have to be home by 4:30pm.
    Probably ride Thursday from 11:30 - ??

+1
    Unbelievable...my wife just told me that my son's speech therapy sessions are changing from Tues. afternoons to Thurs. afternoons starting this week. So unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it on the 19th now. However, if your plans change and you are there on Wed. the 18th, then I could make that for sure...keep me posted.

+1
    Unbelievable...my wife just told me that my son's speech therapy sessions are changing from Tues. afternoons to Thurs. afternoons starting this week. So unfortunately I'm not going to be able to make it on the 19th now. However, if your plans change and you are there on Wed. the 18th, then I could make that for sure...keep me posted.
    Ok. We will probably be in Wabasha on Wednesday but probably not until afternoon.

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    driveum,

tha names jeff right? I believe we talked last year about doing something. I would like to make it up wednesday/ thursday? I am on call for the weekend so would have to be around waterloo friday-sunday. this sounds perfect for me.

-ben

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IowanGPR View Post
    driveum,

tha names jeff right? I believe we talked last year about doing something. I would like to make it up wednesday/ thursday? I am on call for the weekend so would have to be around waterloo friday-sunday. this sounds perfect for me.

-ben
    Hey Ben.....yes, we are 90% on going up to Wabasha on June 18th & 19th. Will probably head back to Prairie Du Chien on Friday - Sunday. The only thing hold us back would be more severe weather. We will keep an eye on the weather and make the final call in the next 6-7 days. Stay in touch.

Jeff 319-240-2596

+1

Wabasha

We are leaving on the ski from Prairie Du Chien tomorrow (Wed) morning around 11:00. We hope to arrive in Wabasha sometime tomorrow afternoon. The only thing that would slow us down us barge traffic.
    Our goal is to be drinking beer at Slipperys tomorrow night!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information