800 sea-doo GTX runs and dies

hey, im just signed up and i already got a question for yall .ok i got a 800 GTX fuel injected, i can crank it up and it will run for about 30 sec and die then you got to wait about 35 min and will start again but die in about 30 sec again. i checked the fuel pump by pulling the hose off where it runs to and it pumps gas so its getting gas. anybody got any other ideas on what could be wrong with it? or what i could try?

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    EDIT: sounds like a flooding out problem
    Last edited by mongorunner; 06-04-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: I CAINT REED SUMTYMES

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by mongorunner View Post
    the carbs might be dumping too much fuel... sounds like a flooding out problem
    It has no carbs, as he said it is a RFI...

Sorry, I have no RFI troubleshooting experience.

Faster Than a Snail on a Log mongorunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    It has no carbs, as he said it is a RFI...

Sorry, I have no RFI troubleshooting experience.

read RIGHT over that

+1
    thats 800 rfi must reayy move on the water

If there is anything I do know, I can tell you this...the worst enemy of the small engine, is ethanol. I have purged so many tanks of ethanol in the last few years. The only way I can suggest to tell if you have ethanol in your tank quickly, is to smell it...a good sniff and it will feel like your nose is burning and you will cringe away very rapidly. Ethanol doesn't have a stable flashpoint because it evaporates erratically under the variable changes small engines go through. With automobiles, they run at an almost consistent temp. PWCs and other small engines have to run at whatever the water and/or air temp is. Even automobiles need about three tanks run through them so the computers can adjust the timing curve and work with that stuff. But on top of this speach...I have seen engines start and run for a few seconds then not run at all. The reason being, the enthanol didn't burn properly and swamped the engine...plus it kills the sparkplugs quickly. So you get a few seconds of idle time, then a half an hour letting the fuel evoprate so you can get your enriched quick bang to run before flooding again.
    Last edited by Schwarzenegger; 06-05-2008 at 09:49 PM.

so what do i need to do to get it back running again?

If it has ethanol in the tank, you will need to get all that fuel out of there first off. Then pop the fuel hoses off and drain them. It will take a little bit of time to get the ethanol out of the fuel system but if that is the problem, when you fill up again with the good ol' fuel, your problems should be over with. But keep in mind this is only if you're fairly certain you have ethanol in there. If that's not the case...you may have water in the tank, or if yours has one, water in the fuel separator. Water will bog a machine down and shut it off since it's heavier than fuel, it can't be picked up. It just gets stuck in the pick-ups and falls out again when the engine shuts down. Hope it's an easy find for you.

Thread Information