Thumbs up Theres More Than You Know !!!!

Even out here in Zona we have a few connections.I just thought I'd let you guys know that in 04' when the 1494cc 4-tec was introduced that it had been designed as a 350hp motor.When I was recently in Canada I was told that POWER is still there but it had been de-tuned for obvious reasons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Just4fun View Post
    Even out here in Zona we have a few connections.I just thought I'd let you guys know that in 04' when the 1494cc 4-tec was introduced that it had been designed as a 350hp motor.When I was recently in Canada I was told that POWER is still there but it had been de-tuned for obvious reasons.
    I thought the 4-tech was intoduced in 02 model year?

Ed

I was just being specific to the RXP model as that is all I own.My fault,But still !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Just4fun View Post
    Yeah... well my P-X for example. 255HP (mid-high 240s really) plus the ~60HP it takes to drive the supercharger is upwards of 300, so I would hope that the engine was designed to take 350HP or else modding these things isn't very safe.

I had a Ford Taurus SHO long ago (the 3.0L 5-speed one with the engine designed and built by Yamaha in Japan). That motor was originally designed to be a race motor capable of handling ~700HP.... of course they detuned it to [email protected] or whatever RPM it's peak was at. There are people out there with those things supercharged with over 430HP at the crank (over 500 actually being generated) with not issues.

A GREAT motor looking for a car...

-=Mike G.

Thread Information