Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

05 RXP SC clutch question

I have a 05 stock RXP with about 35 hrs.I have just recently noticed the top rpm is down 200 from where it normally is,Gps readings are about 3mph slower and acceleration seems to be slower.The condtions are about the same of what is typical.I have been using a friends stock 06 Rxp for a gauge .The two skis have always been neck and neck from start to finish with almost identical gps readings.I know he did not modify his ,as his rpms and mph are on par what they normally are.I check my SC clutch with an inch pound dial type torque wrench .it read 63 inch pounds to slip the clutch,This seems low.Could this be my problem,I just replaced the trim ring ,it is is excellent condtion.Should I update the clutch to 06 specs ,install metal washers or look for a different problem causing the slight power loss.My accelleration is also slower from a dead stop compared the 06 rxp.The two skis before this problem were equal.The 06 pulls away everytime.Thanks,Mark

You should check your impeller also and the wear ring. I know you just replaced it, but check the clearance between the impeller and wear ring. It should be a tight fit.

Peter

+1
    While your clutch slip moment is on the low side of the spectrum at 5.25 ft lbs i still suspect your wear ring clearance is the problem.

What is your top RPMs?

05 RXP SC question

MY rpms before problem were 8000-8100.Now they are 7700-7800.What should the correct inch pounds spec for sc clutch be.Also if I upgrade to s.s. wear ring ,is it a bolt on deal ,or do I have machine or modify pump to fit.Also,do you recommend 06 rxp sc clutch upgrade or metal washers.The supercharger is out of the ski now,so I might as well do something for the sc clutch. When previously had wear ring problems not only would it cavitate from a stop but it would usually increase top rpm.Thats why I dont suspect the wear ring.I will pull it apart and inspect tonite.If the wear ring is worn doesnt it usually increase top rpm because of excessive clearance.Thanks,Mark

+1
    On these skis you will get less RPM's with a worn wear ring.

Skat Trak makes a ss wear ring that is a drop in replacement

If you have your SC out now would be a good time to ugrade to metal washers.

05 RXP SC question

Whos metal sc washers do you recommend ,some contact info would be greatly appreciated .Thanks,Mark

+1
    Since you have the '05 spec clutch you can get them from Austrailia at www.seadoocentre.com, or from board member tennesseeRXP

I will have the '06 spec metal washers for sale soon.

+1
    Jerry, quick question- what is the slip moment range for the 05 metal washers and how much tension does the RR shims add per shim?
    I have 26hrs on my metal washers and when I put them in I replaced the spring washers. My rpm dropped to 7800 after I went on a 120 mile round trip from Marathon to Key West in the Atlantic and it was a little rough on the way back. I think I wore the coating off the washers, but it nails 7800 in a heartbeat. I thought it could be the wear ring because We ran through a lot of grass, but I flipped it and got the same rpm. I have a 05 RXT lvl 1 with a vortech impeller and it ran 8100 very consistantly. Thanks.

+1
    I use a newton meter torque wrench. When i install metal washers they are usually at 11-12 NM and after about 10 hours run time they drop down to 8 NM. At that point i put 1 shim in place which brings the slip moment up to 10 NM.

+1
    Thanks for the info., I'll tear it apart tonight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information