Thread: MRD Injection

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1

MRD Injection

This is out of the conversion list,but figure you motor heads would be the best source of information on it. Anyone ever run the MRD Fuel Injection on a ski, Looking at maybe picking one up for the PSI Triple Pipe SL. This ski is just a squirtgun for smooth water straight line dragging.Thanks C U All at the bug,Dano

P.S. Does the MSX 150 being Converted to a Matrix 160 Count as a conversion?
    Last edited by Keddano; 06-04-2008 at 11:19 PM.

Mrd

I hope you have a surplus of pistons and cylinders. I tried to run it for two seasons on a 1100ZXI kawi. No joke, I burnt over 20 pistons with it on. It had a problem with mid range fuel supply. I have heard some run it on 2 cylinders with better results.

I wouldnt do it again for any thing!!! The throttle response was good with it but the holes in the pistons were not good!!!!

Stay away....

+1

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Keddano View Post
    This is out of the conversion list,but figure you motor heads would be the best source of information on it. Anyone ever run the MRD Fuel Injection on a ski, Looking at maybe picking one up for the PSI Triple Pipe SL. This ski is just a squirtgun for smooth water straight line dragging.Thanks C U All at the bug,Dano

P.S. Does the MSX 150 being Converted to a Matrix 160 Count as a conversion?
    mrd system were ether on or off,if you went thur rough water and went on there rpm limiting setup(dumps lots of fuel) it would foul plugs and fuel pump had to rebuild all the time-it was much like old hilborn f/i system instead of pill (fix return pressure it had needle valve
    save your money and set carb's to Tim at novi

later cd

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Thanks for the input,I'm running 44's now. Talked to Randy at Watcon and he said you'd better enjoy tuning every 1/2 hour.Thought it might be fun to throw on just for grudge races and maybe MudBug next year. But at the cost of Wiseco's and the chance of ruining a PSI Cyl,I'm think I'll pass for now. Thanks Again

Thread Information