Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: WTF!?!?

WTF!?!?

Sales people are hilarious!!! A good buddy of mine wanted to go out and get a ski today. He has had a couple ideas of what he wants but wanted to see them all in person before he footed the bill. (told him sea doo is the way. lol )

So we went to a dealer called house of power. A.K.A House of thieves. They we trying way to hard to get our sale. so we left and tried a couple other around us.

Now this is the funny part. I like champions. Always have. but this guy that we talked to sucked. My friend made a joke about what he wanted when the guy asked.He said" whatever will beat this guy" So I told him i have an RXT.

This is where im lost. he told me it doesnt matter because all skis no matter what style brand horsepower or anything has a speed limiter on them. I was like what? since when? He tried telling me that it is a coast guard set speed limiter in the computer that no ski will ever go over 67mph unless you change out the computer. I tried explaining things to him but he wouldnt listen. I then brought up the point of ok well my ski the speedo says i 69-70mph(i know thats not accurate) but if it was something to do with the computer wouldnt it be reading off my speedo and slow it back down until it says 67?

He then had nothing to say to that. So I said thank you have a good day

Just making sure.... which im 99.99999999% positive but tell me im right and this guy just sucked at life?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedblast View Post
    Sales people are hilarious!!! A good buddy of mine wanted to go out and get a ski today. He has had a couple ideas of what he wants but wanted to see them all in person before he footed the bill. (told him sea doo is the way. lol )

So we went to a dealer called house of power. A.K.A House of thieves. They we trying way to hard to get our sale. so we left and tried a couple other around us.

Now this is the funny part. I like champions. Always have. but this guy that we talked to sucked. My friend made a joke about what he wanted when the guy asked.He said" whatever will beat this guy" So I told him i have an RXT.

This is where im lost. he told me it doesnt matter because all skis no matter what style brand horsepower or anything has a speed limiter on them. I was like what? since when? He tried telling me that it is a coast guard set speed limiter in the computer that no ski will ever go over 67mph unless you change out the computer. I tried explaining things to him but he wouldnt listen. I then brought up the point of ok well my ski the speedo says i 69-70mph(i know thats not accurate) but if it was something to do with the computer wouldnt it be reading off my speedo and slow it back down until it says 67?

He then had nothing to say to that. So I said thank you have a good day

Just making sure.... which im 99.99999999% positive but tell me im right and this guy just sucked at life?

Alot of ski's around here are way faster than that on GPS stock, so BS.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedblast View Post
    tell me im right and this guy just sucked at life?
    correct! bingo! you won the $1,000,000 prize!

They don't limit speed with the ECU. The ECU can limit RPM in certain situations.

Per a handshake agreement with the USCG no manufacturer produces a stock PWC capable of 70+mph out of the crate. The manufacturers limit speed of PWC with hull and intake/pump design for the most part. A good example of this is the RXP-X and the RXP215. Notice how the RXP-X (dyno'd at 243HP) will do 69mph and the RXP215 with a Riva Stage 2 and approximately 225HP will do 75mph. A simple swap of intake grates nets the RXP-X a 3mph gain. Kinda funny isn't it?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I do believe the Coast Guard "Agreement" is when full of fuel with the total number of riders aboard, ie 2 seater or 3 seater, it wont exceed 65 mph...........with that agreement PWCs are exempt from certain laws that pertain to boats...........one that comes to mind is not requiring PWCs to have a bilge blower...........

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    I too, am of the opinion that some people just suck at life. He might not have sucked at life, but he definitely sucked at knowing his product.

DO YOU LIVE IN NORTH FLORIDA. BECAUSE I GOT THE SAME STORY FROM SOMEBODY, BUT MINE GETS BETTER. HE THEN PROCEDED TO TELL ME THAT WITH A COMPUTER SWAP THE STOCK SKI WAS CAPIABLE OF 80MPH PLUS, EAISY.

he is definately bullchitting because i GPS'd my rxp-x at 69.5mph COMPLETELY STOCK, no holes filled, grate, or anything.

100% stock.... so he does suck at life. what a tard

I am not sure which is worse, the fact they are trying to sell you by talking out of their ass or they are an ass and believe what is coming out of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
    he is definately bullchitting because i GPS'd my rxp-x at 69.5mph COMPLETELY STOCK, no holes filled, grate, or anything.

100% stock.... so he does suck at life. what a tard
    your gps must not be coastguard approved then.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information