Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Prepared speech for local dealer

What do y'all think?
    "Hello ***,I just wanted to vent a little bit about your service dept.I brought my ski in two weeks ago
    due to loss of rpms and speed.I told them it was only running 7300-7500 rpms and gps'ing at only 62 mph since my spring service at your dealership in April.
    It has always ran 7900-8100 rpms and 67-68 mph.The mechanic called me and told me my clutch spring washers
    were shot,and that was the problem.While I had him on the phone,I inquired about the new heavy duty clutch
    kits,that I had seen them on the internet,and he got kind of rude and said if I got anything off of the internet,
    he would not install it,just leave the ski apart and tell me to come get it.I say ok,do what ya gotta do.I get the
    call last friday that it is ready,and pick it up saturday morning.Took it out sunday,and $356 and two weeks later,
    it still only runs 7400 rpms and 62 mph (gps)." Oh yeah,and will also mention the brand new tear in the seat it came back with as an added bonus.I didnt notice it till I got it home.It's about 1/4 inch.
    Last edited by BertInTexas; 06-27-2006 at 10:30 AM.

wow that sucks balls, id say screw them and do it yourself.

I really would be better off,I'm sure.Not much of a wrencher here though.I need to check the oil again,and if it's not overfilled,maybe take another look at the wear ring.Other than that,I have no freaking clue?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    knock sensor is all done and good?

Actually Shibby,I did ask him if they had done any programming to it during my spring service.He said no,it would not have anything to do with that anyway.He seemed to be irritated any time I asked or suggested anything.I hate monopolistic dealerships!!

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I say wait until he gets out of work one day and slap the living crap out if him!

Stay on them bro!, your the customer...
    Threaten them with an attorney!...PR...

+1
    different dealer, you can't fix stupid!

Ok,just got off the phone with the mechanic,lol.They had lake tested it after he replaced the washers,and it "ran fine",it did "7600 rpms".I ran 3/4 of a tank out and never hit above 7500 all day sunday.Get this,he told me that my ski would NEVER run 8100 rpms,he said the rev limiter wouldn't allow it.I said,man I'm sorry,but it has ran 7900-8100 for two years straight and that I have the pictures to prove it.Then he asked if I tried it on smooth water,how much gas was in the tank,etc,etc.I said I ran it all the way down to one or two bars of fuel,and yes,I tried it on smooth water several times.Then I asked him if the knock sensor had been updated without my knowledge,he had no idea what I was talking about.He said no computer codes came up.I also told him I had a gps,and that I can't run over 62 mph now,and that before it was running 68.He said that was unlikely,that there were very few stock RXP's that would run that fast.I told him that is why I bought an RXP,that I could have saved a couple grand and bought a gpr or a honda if I wanted to do 62.He said then GO BUY ONE.He is supposed to call me back,we'll see.ARRRGH

Ok,he called back.My knock sensor has not been updated.If this is just to enable me to run regular unleaded,I really don't care about it.Now,for my rpms,he said the limiter is set at 8000 and it will NOT go above that.I told him funny,I am sitting here watching a video of myself from last year on the river,and it shows the digital tach running up to 8100 and holding there consistently.AT any rate,I say,ok,what now??? Where are my other rpms? He said he pulled the pump,and other than the impeller boot being backed off,(from the ski rope incident last month,but it was running ****ty before that),everything was fine there.So.........whats next to check guys? It will not go back to the dealer,thats for sure.
    Last edited by BertInTexas; 06-28-2006 at 10:19 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information