Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

1994 SL750 Fuel Restrictor

Should there be a restrictor in one of the fuel lines on a stock 1994 SL750? If so, what fuel line should it be in and where can I get one?

I recently blew a hole in my middle piston and I am pulling at strings to figure out why this happened. Could this have caused the problem? When we did the rebuild, I know for a fact that we didn't put this restrictor in and I wanted to know if it was necessary. Carbs were cleaned and rebuilt and all settings were set back to stock. I also upgraded to a triplet outlet if that makes any difference in diagnosing. Any help is much appreciated.

Hey yea i can't say for sure there is but on my 95 sl750 there is a fuel return restrictor slid in the return hose on the mag end carb. It is just slid about an inch up into the line. I would say download the manual it sure has helped me out. If it doesn't say what size the orifice is i'm sure Beerdart or one of the Guru's here can tell you what size it is. And yes i would say it is definately neccasary if not in place you won't maintain enough pressure to keep you out of a lean condition. When i bought mine last year it had a holed pto piston. Did the rebuilds on the carbs new fuel line's triple outlet fuel pump etc. Want to read somthin funny check out my thread in the general discussion area about almost sinking my sl750 LOL.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Yours is the 93 750 with 94 cooling and settings. The 93 doesn't show the restrictor in the 93 diagram, not sure if it's built into the carbs for that year.

Lack of the restrictor will usually destroy the PTO or the MAG (I forgot which) due to insufficient pressure. Normally not the CEN.

How bout them pics of the other 2 cyls?

A week from Saturday I will have the pics of the other cylinders. July 4th weekend is when I plan to rebuild.

So I'm looking at the post on how to make a fuel restrictor. Since I have upgraded to the triple outlet fuel pump, do I need to install a fuel restrictor between the fuel pump and each line that goes to the carb, for a grand total of 3 fuel restrictors? Please help, I"m a little confused on how this installation is supposed to be done.

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kepneriphone View Post
    So I'm looking at the post on how to make a fuel restrictor. Since I have upgraded to the triple outlet fuel pump, do I need to install a fuel restrictor between the fuel pump and each line that goes to the carb, for a grand total of 3 fuel restrictors? Please help, I"m a little confused on how this installation is supposed to be done.
    The restrictor needs to be in the return line.

The how to is here... http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...urn+restrictor

Have ya opened the carb with the return line attach to see if the restrictor is internally mounted?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Polaris_Fuel_Diagram.JPG 
Views:	2274 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	77896  

It wouldn't be because the carbs are from a 93 SL750 with the proper jetting manually installed.

Why does CrazyA's picture show a Y connector with 2 hoses being connected to one? From your pic, it looks like the restrictor should just go between one line that is spliced. Any ideas?

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by kepneriphone View Post
    Why does CrazyA's picture show a Y connector with 2 hoses being connected to one? From your pic, it looks like the restrictor should just go between one line that is spliced. Any ideas?
    Not sure, but it could be used on a twin setup if used w/ a 2 outlet pump and a common return line? Just speculation though.

So for my purposes, it would just go in one line though correct?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information