Genesis, still not going over 3000 RPM ???

Hi, I have now made many things to try to fix my error. The machine doesnt still going over 3000 rpm. Yesterday I found someting new, a saw in the electric box, broken 2 Amp Fuse, and replace it, i only had a 6,5 amp fuse, but now it looked like the problem was solved, it was going over 5000 rpm, but after 5 min, it seems to not to work again, and I saw the new fuse, 6,5 amp was broken. Tonaight, i tested again, new FUse, but now it didnt work like yesterday, only 3000 RPM....Please, can some one help me...What do I do ?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Was the fuse the ONLY thing you changed, and RPM rose from 3000 to 5000? Was that 5000RPM riding IN the water?

Putting a bigger fuse in is generally a no-no. Was that 2Amp fuse for the EMM?

5000RPM is still too low, should be well over 6000, so something was still wrong.

yes, upp to 5000 rpm in water. but it worked for an 10 minutes, then i was like before, , i looked in the electric box again, and saw that the new fuse was broken, and changed again, but now the machine was like before, no change, upp to 3000 rpm, and qucik up to 4000 rpm for 2 sec, and down again to 3000. What i thing, that it is some Limit problem, can I go pass that ? Take some of the cables out? Do someting that stop the RPM Limit, i have watched the manual, but dont really undertand it...It seems to me that the SKi works very fine, but dies when i cant to go fast...How can I solve this problem? Buy a new Electric box, in that case, from where and how much? But will that sole my problem ?

Please what more can i do ?

+1
    Have you changed the tps?

what is TPS ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hajenhajen View Post
    what is TPS ?
    TPS = Throttle Position Sensor, located on the end of the throttle shaft.

They can go bad from engine vibration, and not correctly report the throttle position to the EMM, so the engine doesn't get the fuel it is supposed to be getting.

Start by unplugging the TPS, and squeezing the socket end of each contact slightly tighter, to ensure the contact is good when it is plugged together.

If that doesn't help, then you may need a new TPS. Cost (without shipping) is under $100US.

thank you for more intresring info...but can you show me on a "map" where the conector is, and where the sensor is, and where the sensor are going to be ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hajenhajen View Post
    thank you for more interesting info...but can you show me on a "map" where the connector is, and where the sensor is, and where the sensor are going to be ?
    On your 2001 Genesis i, the TPS is mounted on the end of the throttle body facing the rear of the boat. Part# 18 in the diagram.

When you have the flame arrestor cover off, and you squeeze the throttle lever, you can see the throttle plates open in the throttle bodies. The TPS is on the end of the same shaft that runs through the throttle bodies. When the shaft turns to open the throttle plates, it also turns the TPS sensor input.

The TPS sends an electrical signal to the EMM engine computer, which then knows how much you have pressed the thumb lever, and sends the correct amount of fuel into the cylinders via the injectors.

These TPS sensors receive a lot of vibration from the engine, and it eventually kills them.

Start by disconnecting the electrical connector for the TPS, and gently squeezing each of the hollow contacts a little smaller, so they will grip the mating metal pin contacts more tightly when it is pushed together.

If that does not fix the problem, then you probably need to buy a new TPS

Photo below shows the TPS in my 2002 Virage TXi.

Note that your 2001 TPS (part# 2410183
    SENSOR, THROTTLE POSITION) may have the electrical connector right on the TPS itself, while mine (2002 different part# ) has a short 'pig-tail' wire with the connector a few inches away.

+1
    You need t buy the latest part number TPS .the injected ficht ski's all use the same one .Early models were useless .Latest is better .

Bernie

Thread Information