Thread: Storing PWCs

Storing PWCs

I know it's not time to store the PWC for the winter, but I'd like to have your opinions.
    When you store your boats for the winter (Texas or warm weather states) do you fill the tank and add Stabil (or equivilent) or empty the tank and store it as dry as possible?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I know it's not time to store the PWC for the winter, but I'd like to have your opinions.
    When you store your boats for the winter (Texas or warm weather states) do you fill the tank and add Stabil (or equivilent) or empty the tank and store it as dry as possible?

Thanks
    I live in Las Vegas, where it is very dry and rarely gets down below freezing at night, but I store my skis in a garage, full of fuel with stabil and I leave the seats off just a bit to allow air to circulate. I put the batteries on a tender as well. Been dooing it this way for 7 years and never had a problem.

I am luckie enough to live in Fl, and I just ride mine every once and a while in the winter. Sometimes cold, but manageable most of the time.

+1
    I've been riding two strokes since 1992. I've never used Stabil. I crank the skis up every other week or so if I don't ride them for a while. But, here on the gulf coast, we ride year round. the ski usually see the water at least once a month. I don't typically leave a full tank in the skis as I don't want the fuel to sit that long. But I do keep them cranked up often.
    With the two 4 strokes I have now, I still crank them up every other week.

With my lawn equipment, they are two strokes and I keep a good premix oil [Amsoil] in them and they will sit up for 3 months during the winter when the grass does not grow. they crank right up when the spring gets here. I store my lawn equipment with a full tank. Been doing that for 15 years, as my ECHO lawn equipment are 15 years old.

Thats my personal experience here on the Texas Gulf Coast and how I store.

I also keep battery tenders on the skis as well as my show car when toys sit up that long
    Last edited by RX951; 06-05-2008 at 08:26 PM.

I use to fill my tank up and add stabil, but i hit the problem where the fuel went bad and ended up setting a sensor off which made the machine think it was screwed up. Also my battery i meant to charge every so often but forgot too and it went bad.

Thread Information