Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

10 Hour Service = RIP OFF!

Well, just got my ski back from the 10 hour service. What a joke. I know I could've done it myself but since it was the first time I went ahead and took it to the dealer. For those who are interested $194.94 later, this is what they did:

Torque cylinder head nuts.
    Perform compression test.
    Reset TPS.
    Drain water from fuel system water trap.
    Inspect hoses and fasteners for leaks: exhaust, oil, fuel, cooling.
    Chaing oil filter.
    Inspect, clean/replace spark plugs.
    Inspect battery. Add water/charge as necessary.
    Check battery vent hose for proper routing.
    Inspect, lube, and adjust cables: throttle, steering, reverse.
    Inspect and adjust steering mechanism.
    Inspect pump housing/wear ring and impeller.
    Verify overheat beeper operation.
    Check safety lanyard operation.
    Check hull drain hole for obstruction.
    Tighten all accessible nuts, bolts, and hardware.
    Visual inspection of hull.
    Test tank.

As far as parts, they replaced three spark plugs, the oil filter, and used 3 bottles of oil. Wow, what a joke. Anyway, I'll be doing my own service in the future. It took them two days to do all of this. Oh well, just thought I'd put this out there for those of you debating on whether to do it your self or not. I will from now on.

W

You Gotta be ****in me Sounds like they read it out of the service manual.
    I bet you even did'nt even get new plugs It said clean and replace. I'll think I'll leave the 10 hr service to me.

Ok I was debating whether to do this myself or not...I was quoted 340 plus parts...I think it's a ripoff myself. .

Now my question is...Can I do this myself and it still be under warranty? I heard the hours are reset after this service. Is this true?

I herd BRP Does not have any records of 10 hr service. It;s all up to the dealer to record that. As for what they do and what they charge it;s BS.
    Look at Wave Hummer Took it to the dealer to get serviced and the ass forgot to put oil in the ski. It's a good thing we have people like Heavey D to help us out or we would all be in the [email protected]@er.

why reset the tps sensor.

Quote Originally Posted by WAMason
    Well, just got my ski back from the 10 hour service. What a joke.
    Yeap! Been there too.

Now my question is...Can I do this myself and it still be under warranty? I heard the hours are reset after this service. Is this true?
    As far as I can tell, so long as you keep accurate records (dates, hours, items used/replaced) the manufacturer should be okay with you doing it yourself. I ran into a similar situation with my Nissan 350Z. I ended up getting a knock in one of the cylinders at about 50k miles. The first thing they wanted was a list of my service records. There were a couple times where I changed the oil my self and I only had approximate milages. The accepted this and replace the entire short block under warranty.

My hours were not reset after the service on the ski. I also didn't get any type of service warning. ('06 RXT)

why reset the tps sensor.
    What is the TPS sensor?

TPS = throttle position sensor

The main reason to take it in is to have the MAINT. warning turned off as I recall, but no the hours aren't reset. Does seem a bit steep for an hour worth of labor. If they did do the plugs and filter and used sea-doo oil you actually have about $60 worth in parts. They are supposed to pull the pump and check/change the pump grease too. That's not on your list.

Quote Originally Posted by hbski
    TPS = throttle position sensor

The main reason to take it in is to have the MAINT. warning turned off as I recall, but no the hours aren't reset. Does seem a bit steep for an hour worth of labor. If they did do the plugs and filter and used sea-doo oil you actually have about $60 worth in parts. They are supposed to pull the pump and check/change the pump grease too. That's not on your list.
    Ah yup! That`s sounds about right. some shops prices vary. AND that`s what they do, or what they tell you they did. I do have the compression numbers hand written on my invoices, so take it for what it`s worth. And BRP does have record of everytime your ski visits the shop. Your Hull Identification number is used to keep record of such events.

When the dealer or shop types in your hull number, everything related to that ski is shown, your name, warranty, or extended warranty dead line, and work performed on ski, and any recalls if your model has any...PR...

+1
    Could have been worse....I've heard of shops charging as much as $300 for the 10 hr...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information