Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    Possible causes for my speed loss?

    Hey everyone,

    So a while back my exhaust hose popped off and I didn't realize it until the back half of the ski was under water. 2006 RXT BTW. It happened just after leaving the launch and so I tried to limp back to the dock. I barely made it. At this point, the saltwater was already cycling through the intake and everything for about 3-5 minutes before I was able to turn the motor off and get back to dock. I went home and flushed everything out and did the whole fogging of the motor and removing the supercharger intake hose and emptying the water from the supercharger.

    Unfortunately, after that, I am not able to get any faster than about 55mph. I came from 72mph max before this accident to 55mph. I'm thinking the supercharger inhaled a bunch of that saltwater and the ceramic bearings are now bad and causing boost drop? Only one catch...my RPM's are still at 8050 max and going 55mph.

    Any ideas? Jerry HELP!
    Last edited by c6rvette; 06-05-2008 at 06:11 PM.


  2. #2
    lextoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brigantine, NJ
    Posts
    1,883
    +1
    14
    was the recall performed???
    if you are under warranty, go to the dealer and file a claim.
    that was a direct result of factory defect.
    your options were float away,or rescue yourself, any damage that was done should be the responsibility of bombardier...

  3. #3
    Unfortunately the exhaust hose was modified and the cause of the hose popping off is due to one of the hose clamps rusting and broke. I'd just like some ideas on what to check to see what's causing this major loss in speed but no RPM drop. This does not make sense and I'm sure it doesn't to you either. Same RPM + same prop = should be same speed. Right?


    Quote Originally Posted by lextoy View Post
    was the recall performed???
    if you are under warranty, go to the dealer and file a claim.
    that was a direct result of factory defect.
    your options were float away,or rescue yourself, any damage that was done should be the responsibility of bombardier...

  4. #4
    lextoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Brigantine, NJ
    Posts
    1,883
    +1
    14
    usually it would be a cavitation issue... if your injestion problems are resolved, and they seem to be since you are running at top rpm's still,
    check the pump??

  5. #5
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Something does't add up? How long ago did this happen? Is the inner hull still full of water?
    1. Pull your pump by removing 4 bolts, if it spins freely you know it's not your pump.
    2.Pull you intake air hose to your SC and spin the SC blades.. Does't it spin freely?
    3. Check your pump shoe, is it cracked or missing any pieces? Look down after you pull pump
    4. Check water intake grate, is it flush?

  6. #6
    King_Of_Fun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Catawba Island, Ohio
    Posts
    2,703
    Quote Originally Posted by c6rvette View Post
    Hey everyone,

    So a while back my exhaust hose popped off and I didn't realize it until the back half of the ski was under water. 2006 RXT BTW. It happened just after leaving the launch and so I tried to limp back to the dock. I barely made it. At this point, the saltwater was already cycling through the intake and everything for about 3-5 minutes before I was able to turn the motor off and get back to dock.
    If you ingested water, you may have bent your piston rods. Do a compression check and tell us what the readings are... Ron

  7. #7
    Small Craft Advisory Taylor215's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coconut Creek Florida
    Posts
    456
    +1
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    If you ingested water, you may have bent your piston rods. Do a compression check and tell us what the readings are... Ron

    I agree with King..do a compression test just to make sure moving forward...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Think i found root cause for my lean piston
    By xplayer2885 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-14-2007, 10:04 AM
  2. may have figured out my speed loss
    By BlaZinMJ in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 10:38 AM
  3. Sneeky speed increase for my RXT
    By La Reine a` Sea Doo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 12-04-2006, 11:02 AM
  4. Newbie & Want More Speed For My GTI
    By Flynfox in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-10-2006, 11:22 AM
  5. Nav lights for my boat..Cause we can do it in Canada..
    By two2curupt in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 10:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •