+1

Any dirt track fans here?

Anybody besides me watch the Prelude to the Dream last night?

+1
    You better believe I watched it! I traveled with the SUPR latemodel series for a year with a friend of mine. It was a blast and I still enjoy going to the races when i have time. Met alot of interesting people and many of the car owners you saw last night. Even hung out with kenny schader for a night. I did alot of work with the owner of the team that used to dominate the national circuit 'gvs racing'.
    Last edited by GPryan; 06-05-2008 at 07:01 PM.

+1
    Kenny is an AWESOME down to earth guy. The guy can drive ANYTHING that has wheels on it and lives to do it. He raced every year at the IMCA show at Texas Motor Speedway and talked to EVERYONE like he was one of the weekly regulars. It was cool to see Pendregon and Capps in dirt cars too. I am not a big Robbie Gordon fan, but would have like to have seen him catch Stewart and put on a good show for the lead. Bloomquist always goes top notch on everything and gave Robbie a damn good car for the race.

+1
    I agree with everything you said there. I do remember last years track being a little more bottom friendly but there was some good racing at times. All my dirt track buddies were banking on Robbie in the Bloomquist car but as soon as I saw Smoke's qualifying lap I knew who the check was being written to. He drove that place like it was supposed to be driven. It just doesn't get much better racing then dirt track. There are few tracks out nice enough for the average person but I think it is growing and some of those back road small tracks are some of the raciest place to go. They can't all have asphault pits like Texas M.S. lol

+1
    Yeah ! I watched that too !! thats the race where the proceeds go to the Victory Junction camp

+1

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RX951 View Post
    Yeah ! I watched that too !! thats the race where the proceeds go to the Victory Junction camp

Exactly. It was all for a VERY good cause and it is great that all of those guys go out and have fun doing it and expect nothing in return. I think that if it would have been advertised a little better they would have gotten a better response on PPV. I havent heard any numbers but I would rather watch a good dirt track race than ANYTHING and I almost forgot about it.

+1
    yeah, I enjoyed watching that alot !! kinda cool seeing a couple of cup guys on their lids
    Some serious heavy hitters in the cup scene that use to glamour in those friday night lights in their younger days, like previous triple crown holder Tony stewart, Gordon has sprint WOO background and Robby with his offroad skillz

I think I would love to see that race before I visit a shortrack like bristol

Thread Information