RXT Pro-Series Reduction Nozzle: Worth It?

Anybody use this? Does it make a difference or is this a gimmick wear ring replacement?

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by cdalesch View Post
    Anybody use this? Does it make a difference or is this a gimmick wear ring replacement?
    Got nothing to do with the wear ring, It adjust your thrust so you can fine tune your RPM's to the weather

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Got nothing to do with the wear ring, It adjust your thrust so you can fine tune your RPM's to the weather
    So...what would the tuning guidelines? Warm weather 83mm and cooler weather 81mm? Just guessing from what I read.

+1
    So...what would the tuning guidelines? Warm weather 83mm and cooler weather 81mm? Just guessing from what I read.
    smaller nozzle reduces rpms.
    so if it is cool and your running higher rpms per prop setup then you could decrease to reduce rpm to where they need to be.

For hotter weather you would loose rpms so you would need to increase nozzle size to bring up rpms to where they need to be.

One side note. most find a reduction in acceleration with a 80 or 81 compared to 83 or 84. But that also all depends on your prop setup per hp of your ski.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    smaller nozzle reduces rpms.
    so if it is cool and your running higher rpms per prop setup then you could decrease to reduce rpm to where they need to be.

For hotter weather you would loose rpms so you would need to increase nozzle size to bring up rpms to where they need to be.

One side note. most find a reduction in acceleration with a 80 or 81 compared to 83 or 84. But that also all depends on your prop setup per hp of your ski.
    I think I have a 14/19 (Stage One) prop... would it be worth it to even bother going from the stock 86mm to a 83-84mm?

+1
    I think I have a 14/19 (Stage One) prop... would it be worth it to even bother going from the stock 86mm to a 83-84mm?
    First if you have a rxt 07 then the stock nozzle is 83 mm.
    Put your prop on and test your ski. See what your rpms are at. then you will see if your prop is close to 8,100.
    You really need to do that first to see if you are overpowering the prop or maybe cant pull it. Once you get the prop correct then you can fine tune per condition with a pro nozzle.

First if you have a rxt 07 then the stock nozzle is 83 mm.
    Put your prop on and test your ski. See what your rpms are at. then you will see if your prop is close to 8,100.
    You really need to do that first to see if you are overpowering the prop or maybe cant pull it. Once you get the prop correct then you can fine tune per condition with a pro nozzle.
    With the stage one, the most RPMs I ever had on my ski were about 8010 rpms.

+1
    With the stage one, the most RPMs I ever had on my ski were about 8010 rpms.
    If that is what you are turning with current setup then you do not need a pro nozzle. What is the prop for the stage 1 for rxt. If it was the 14/17 then your rpms are going to be less with a 14/19 without other mods.

If that is what you are turning with current setup then you do not need a pro nozzle. What is the prop for the stage 1 for rxt. If it was the 14/17 then your rpms are going to be less with a 14/19 without other mods.
    Current prop is the 14/19.

Thread Information