Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

another one breakes 80

first of all i want to thank jerry and nils for my rude charger it gave the ski what it was lacking a whole lot of power just got the rxp out on the water today air 91 and humid water 77 first run 6 bars of fuel trim up sitting up 8500 hit 79.23 started to porpoise did another run 5 bars r's of fuel r's settled down to 8450 trim 2 notces below half and working my way up to 2-3 bars above half but i cant stay there long untill it starts to porpoise hit 80.36 once the fuel got down futher i couldnt keep it from porpoiseing so i put another 5 gal in went back out and rolled off a 80.44, 80.46, 80.41 all with at least 6 bars of fuel. this ski has a lot more in her never could get a 2 bar run or get back on the seat. i've got some problems with porpoiseing i think if i can get that fix i can get the r's up just by freeing up the ski with trim might need to put a 82 ring in since the heat went up. any body else haveing this problem with porpoiseing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    first of all i want to thank jerry and nils for my rude charger it gave the ski what it was lacking a whole lot of power just got the rxp out on the water today air 91 and humid water 77 first run 6 bars of fuel trim up sitting up 8500 hit 79.23 started to porpoise did another run 5 bars r's of fuel r's settled down to 8450 trim 2 notces below half and working my way up to 2-3 bars above half but i cant stay there long untill it starts to porpoise hit 80.36 once the fuel got down futher i couldnt keep it from porpoiseing so i put another 5 gal in went back out and rolled off a 80.44, 80.46, 80.41 all with at least 6 bars of fuel. this ski has a lot more in her never could get a 2 bar run or get back on the seat. i've got some problems with porpoiseing i think if i can get that fix i can get the r's up just by freeing up the ski with trim might need to put a 82 ring in since the heat went up. any body else haveing this problem with porpoiseing
    awesome results Congrats on the 80 club. Makes me want to put that ecu and valve train upgrade sitting on the shelf on my ski.
    Anyways good luck with your fine tuneing. Hang on and keep it up.

+1
    I too have a porpoising problem on my turbo ski running similar speeds. The best I've done is to start out a few clicks below neutral. When the rev's flatline, I trim it up to 2 above neutral, scoot back on the seat (forget about superman on this bucking bronco!), and hope for the best.

I wish I could figure out how to make it more stable. I may try some variation of skegs on it and see what happens. I'm not running a wedge even.

Mike

just got some good new from jim he said to shim the back of the ride plate start with 50 thousands if it to stable then take out 10 thousands or add if its still not enought untill u find the sweet spot i was hopeing for something simple to fix this because this ski has a lot more to give thanks jim
    Last edited by yellow jacket; 06-05-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    I too have a porpoising problem on my turbo ski running similar speeds. The best I've done is to start out a few clicks below neutral. When the rev's flatline, I trim it up to 2 above neutral, scoot back on the seat (forget about superman on this bucking bronco!), and hope for the best.

I wish I could figure out how to make it more stable. I may try some variation of skegs on it and see what happens. I'm not running a wedge even.

Mike
    add the R&E block off if u dont have them if u do then try shimming the rear of the ride plate

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow jacket View Post
    just got some good new from jim he said to shim the back of the ride plate start with 50 thousands if it to stable then take out 10 thousands or add if its still not enought untill u find the sweet spot i was hopeing for something simple to fix this because this ski has a lot more to give thanks jim
    Anytime Jay, Once you get rid of the porpoise you will see the speeds climb even more.

welcome to the club!!!!!!

+1
    Hey Jay are you bringing your RXP to LKA this weekend if you're coming down?

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89 View Post
    Hey Jay are you bringing your RXP to LKA this weekend if you're coming down?
    i need to shim the ride plate before i take it to lake anna going to get with mitch sat to work on it i'll go to the river and do some testing, i'll be down next weekend

+1
    Is there instructions on how to shim the rideplate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information