just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar

Help me understand what is going on?

Ok I have not been around for a while... I have been very busy with a new house I bought.
    but I hope I am back
    I was out testing my carbs and my new advent and all seems very well. lows seems a little rich on the 94 but are great on the 84. I only run the 94 when I drag race. the 94 also stutters Rich at like a long cruise @ 4500 rpms and the 84 rips...

But here is the question: Ok at WOT I was getting this feeling that the ski was running one wheel in the back, I could lean to steer it. If i leaned farther back I would gain a .2 or so MPH.... the ride was smooth but was doing a gentel lift and fall sort of thing. short smooth strokes,not scary or anything.
    So i put one washer under the REAR of each side. about .045-.050 I did not measure.
    I did a long ride today and now I get this choppy QUICK snapping up and down,,, Not really a porpuse, just the front of the ski bangs up and down. short quick strokes.... any Ideas? am I making myself clear? It is sort of hard to explain.

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by great lakes gpr 1200 View Post
    Ok I have not been around for a while... I have been very busy with a new house I bought.
    but I hope I am back
    I was out testing my carbs and my new advent and all seems very well. lows seems a little rich on the 94 but are great on the 84. I only run the 94 when I drag race. the 94 also stutters Rich at like a long cruise @ 4500 rpms and the 84 rips...

But here is the question: Ok at WOT I was getting this feeling that the ski was running one wheel in the back, I could lean to steer it. If i leaned farther back I would gain a .2 or so MPH.... the ride was smooth but was doing a gentel lift and fall sort of thing. short smooth strokes,not scary or anything.
    So i put one washer under the REAR of each side. about .045-.050 I did not measure.
    I did a long ride today and now I get this choppy QUICK snapping up and down,,, Not really a porpuse, just the front of the ski bangs up and down. short quick strokes.... any Ideas? am I making myself clear? It is sort of hard to explain.
    Hello great lakes if you want i can help you with your problem i would need to know what you have on your ski like what type of plate, grate, trim tabs, and how everything is set up. So if you like to give me a call and we can go over everything. 727-365-5132 Thank you, Jim
    Last edited by JIM'S PERFORMANCE; 06-05-2008 at 10:12 PM.

+1
    Jim can help you out with the handling and you better take advantage of his offer.

94 timing curve only has a degree or two less timing below 5k rpms so the conditions you describe are hard to explain. 84 performs best for me all the way around.

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    Thanks Jim and Duke, I will give jim a call today. I was hoping a hull guru could talk with me. this con'd is very hard to explain and there are a lot of details.

Thread Information