Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Local Laws and Regulations for MudBug

Jerry / (Louisiana Gang)

Here in GA we do not need a whistle or sound device on craft.

Just fire extinguisher, registration, etc.

What is local laws....just something that I thought might be useful as I am sure the local law enforcement is going to pick apart any and every violation they can.....

1. Registration
    2. Insurance?
    3. Whistle / Sound Device
    4. License

This might help...it has the links for the rules and laws from the Louisiana Wildlife and Fisheries

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40873

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Pay Particular ATTENTION to #13.........................

+1
    Helpful tip-

I use clear packing tape to attach the registration to the fire extinguisher. This keeps it from getting wet or lost, also easier to hand to the watercop. In Fl we have to have a whistle so I just ziptie that to the F/E as well.

+1
    "SOUND SIGNALING DEVICES:

Every motorboat or vessel of Class 1, 2, or 3, shall be provided with an efficient whistle or other sound-producing mechanical appliance. Every motorboat or vessel of Class 2 or 3 shall be provided with an efficient bell. "

Also, the State of Louisiana requires a driver's license when operating ANY motor vehicle. Technically, this includes PWC. I keep registration, copy of insurace and my driver's license in two zip-loc bags wrapped in the tool bag and banded under the rear seat of my GTXSC.

Local Law Enforcement citations have a spot to write the driver's license number. I can also provide proof (citation )that LA Wildlife & Fisheries has a spot on their citations also. --Jeremy

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Take it from me, the Morgan City water piggies will pull you over without cause and ask you for all your requirements. It happened to my wife and I there at last year's MB. We were breaking nam law, but were harassed anyway. "Because we can!" is the reason I was given for being pulled over.

+1
    This is true, it is there job to pull you over and check. They are required to do so. Be nice to them and they will respond the same way.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Yeah you cant feel that way, its their job to make sure you are following the law, just be legal and all will be good, if you arent legal , they you should get a ticket, Hell I was the first person pulled over last year.......make sure you follow rule #13.............

13. In a narrow channel, vessels will keep to the right of mid-channel.

Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GPryan View Post
    This is true, it is there job to pull you over and check. They are required to do so. Be nice to them and they will respond the same way.
    Interesting. I've only been riding for about..ummm..uhhhh, 15 years or so, and have only experienced this in Louisiana (and I've riden all over the country). And FWIW, it's not their job to pull you over and check you out each and every chance they get. Did you actually say that? Their job is to enforce laws that are being broken, not harass you when you're doing absolutely nothing wrong. Now, if you tell me that it's different in Lousisana and that their state works by a different set of standards, then I'll buy that. After all, each state is different.

But then again, Louisiana law enforcement has never, ever, ever had the repuation of being the type to harass or give people shyte, right?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    Interesting.

But then again, Louisiana law enforcement has never, ever, ever had the repuation of being the type to harass or give people shyte, right?
    What ever any of you do, watch you p's & q's on I-10 between the Texas/Louisiana state line and Jennings Louisiana. Talk about harrassment. It is well known and even documented that the local sheriff departments make their living ticketing and confiscating on this 64 mile stretch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information