Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ultra Acting up

Ultra Acting up

Hi Everyone,
    I am new here and hate my first post to be with problems but it is and am hoping one of you can help. I have a 2008 Ultra 250x with 7 hours. I was on the lake yesterday and had been running it pretty hard when it starting losing power with boost and rpms fluctuating badly and speed loss to about 35m.p.h. and it kept getting worse so I pulled up to a sandbar. Checked everything, engine seemed a little hot to me (some smoke when I took seat off). Oil wasn't touching dipstick but is touching dipstick now thatit is cold. It was changed yesterday due to rise in level and smell of fuel. I have been coming here reading this section for about a month and appreciate all of the info. Thanks in advance for any things to check. I was hoping to have a weekend on the water instead of taking to dealer.

What key color were you using? the White or the blue key , some times people that are new use the white learing key that is speed limited to 45 mph just checking whats up!

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Forum........

Check the exhaust clamps.............

Thanks Ultra250 Tn,
    I will go check the hoses now. I called myself looking at them but I will check thoroughly. I forgot to mention after sitting about 15 minutes it cranked with full power again and allowed me to drive to the landing with normal power again but I only went about a quarter of a mile. I feel certain if I had went farther it would have done it again.
    Stmpdust, I was using the orange key.

+1
    sounds like the exhaust hose is loose and filling the hull with fumes and choking the motor......hope its that simple..........

I checked all the clamps and everything seems to be tight and all hoses connected properly. The only thing I did notice is the hose that goes to the catch can was completely crimped all the way. Would this possibly cause it to act this way?

Ok, I put it in the water this afternoon. It was missing terribly and will not run. I guess it will be going to the shop Monday.

+1
    Ok well I didnt think it could be the plugs at 7 hours, but it may be the case.............

Ultra250 TN,
    I appreciate all the help. Do you think running with that hose that goes to the catch can crimped could have damaged anything? I will try to get some plugs in the morning if you think that could be the case. Thanks again

Have dealer remove and clean intercooler. When it gets fouled it causes the very symptoms you are describing. What causes intercooler fouling? Thats a long story and Id worry about that later once you see if thats the problem. Note: Dealer will need replacement intercooler orings or gaskets to put back together and may need to special order.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information