Trimming the SHO

I'm a proud owner of a new SHO. Manual says I should only use the trimshift at engine speeds below 3000 rpm. Had a Tigershark previously and trimmed at max revs all day. Can any damage be done if I trim at full tilt? Need some advice from experts! Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaharider2008 View Post
    I'm a proud owner of a new SHO. Manual says I should only use the trimshift at engine speeds below 3000 rpm. Had a Tigershark previously and trimmed at max revs all day. Can any damage be done if I trim at full tilt? Need some advice from experts! Thanx

It's just hard trying to do that at high speeds..I certainly didn't feel comfortable shifting the trim over 3000rpms...

What I do if I need to adjust the trim on our FX is just do a quick drop-off blip of the throttle and adjust it. Once you get the handg of it, it is almost instantaneous. One benefit of mechanical vice electronic trims.

same here just let go of throttle and adjust then hit throttle again maybe 2 seconds max. about impossible to adjust with all that torque on it

New Hampshire Physically, Maine/Canada Mentally!
    Any thoughts as to when it is trimmed all the way nozzle pointing up, the water flow is going to partly slam into the reverse hood?

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mlbfan86 View Post
    Any thoughts as to when it is trimmed all the way nozzle pointing up, the water flow is going to partly slam into the reverse hood?
    i noticed the same thing.....one reason I do not use the full trim up setting on the SHO is a good portion of it thrusts into the the reverse bucket (as well as cause porpoising offshore or in chop)....havent taken the dremel to mine yet but on my list of things to do.

New Hampshire Physically, Maine/Canada Mentally!
    Ya, I wonder what the official factory/Yamaha response would be on this. I find it very odd from physics standpoint and having only looked at a waverunner as long as a few minutes in my entire life, it kinda jumps out to me. I must assume that those who sleep, burp, fart this stuff, working for Yamaha 40+ hours a week, in the waverunner division, must have something solid to say on this. Any Yami employees reading this, please sign up with a fake name if you must and give us loyal paying ladds some data... .

+1
    i can say it is GREAT TO SPRAY PEOPLE !!!!! and that i doo . . got into a fight with a GTX the other day . . I WON!! lol but trust me this is done very very carefully and we talk about it first . . .also no 1 else is around when we do it !!

Thread Information