View Poll Results: Which is a better day to do this ride?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • July 19

4 66.67%
  • July 20

2 33.33%
  • Another day.

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Catskill river run

OK so I'm planning a trip up north on the Hudson.

I'm not sure the distance, it looks like 60 miles their and sixty back. so round trip is about 120ish.

The boat launch site I'm looking at leaving from is Poughkeepsie, just under the bridge.
    Poughkeepsie Municipal Launch Ramp Poughkeepsie,
    East Shore at Victor C. Waryas Park
    FREE RAMP!
    From Route 9 take the Main Street exit. Go west and make a right on to river Street. Waryas Park is 500 feet on the left.

Where we will ride to is north into the Catskills to to Coxsackie. The park we will eat lunch at and hang out on is this site here----> http://nysparks.state.ny.us/parks/info.asp?parkID=107

I'm looking at the dates of July 19th or 20th sat or Sunday, and a rain date of August 16.

I hope everyone will chip in for food and well grill out there.
    Last edited by lludacrisboy; 06-06-2008 at 09:17 AM.

I will have to see how much gas $$ I have left after this weekend

+1
    id be in for this but im not driving to all the way down there and come back up.

if someone want so meet me at the Bethlehem boat launch and then ride down to meet you guys at the island then im in.

where exactly is it. you have an aerial pic of the park you want to go to or a map because its not labeled on any of the maps.

btw i would do it on the 19th with a rain day of the 20th
    Last edited by stingray152003; 06-07-2008 at 11:44 AM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i'd like to make a recommendation..... we do this ride ALOT in the summer, however slightly different.

Steach will tell you about it too, he lives right there.
    Meeting in Newburgh is a great spot, awesome waterfront, nice restaurants and bars and nightlife and just really nice, period... so when we get back from riding there's an awesome waterfront for us to be entertained.

also, leaving from newburgh plots the fuel stops very well... start newburgh, first gas stop is in catskill at a Seadoo Dealership that has fuel pumps, then the next stop is Troy, which is north of albany a little bit, and there's a bunch of restaurants to stop for lunch there, and it's the end of the river before having to go thru the locks, which we go to that for a nice site.

it's just shy of 200 mile round trip... 3 gas stops through the day (not bc ur on empty, but bc of the route and available gas docks)

usually gone about 7-8 hours for this ride... allows for a few routine stops, re-gather into the group, let people catch up, BS and float, and keep going, gas stops, lunch stop... then upon return some can bounce and some can hang out at gully's, or torch's or one of the other many hot spots in the area

regardless.... i'm down for riding that weekend! just wanted to make a recommendation of a simlar but different route that i've done many a times that works very well for timing and fuel stops

Do you have to be 21 to go to most of these places? I want to go but i dont have an id.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by italanboy View Post
    Do you have to be 21 to go to most of these places? I want to go but i dont have an id.

Not to get in and EAT. Wait....Shibby was drinking at Torch's before he was 21.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    i'd like to make a recommendation.....
    Steve, This is a brilliant idea. Saturday the 19th works for me with a quick Sunday morning run to West Point and speed runs at the beach for anyone staying over.

Count me in. I live near Poughkeepsie, but usually drive an hour south to my friends marina. So this will be much closer

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    also, leaving from newburgh plots the fuel stops very well... start newburgh, first gas stop is in catskill at a Seadoo Dealership that has fuel pumps, then the next stop is Troy, which is north of albany a little bit, and there's a bunch of restaurants to stop for lunch there, and it's the end of the river before having to go thru the locks, which we go to that for a nice site.
    We ride right before those locks! My house is only 10-15 mins away from there. I usually launch at Henry Hudson Park in Bethlehem and ride up to Rensselaer/Albany/Troy..Let me know when everyone is coming up and I'll try to get a group together to launch near Albany.

Anyone got an address so i can plug it into the GPS?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information