Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need new impeller for a stock RXP

Hello everyone. I have a stock 2005 RXP and I've been coming on this site for awhile and have found it to be the best one for imformation about my ski. I have a problem that I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. I was at the lake this weekend and I let a friend of mines wife go for a little ride on my ski and told her that whatever she did, DON'T RIDE IT IN THE SHALLOWS , we'll guess what, she did and sucked up a rock and messed up my impeller. I need a new one and I was curious if anyone had any suggestions if it's best to go with a new Seadoo impeller, reconditioned, solas, skat-trak, ppg, and what pitch, there's so many and I thought if I'm going to have to replace the stock one, I might as well upgrade and if it's possible gain some performance, even though it's super fast as is. I was also wondering if any kind of damage might have been done to the motor, she idled it back about a half a mile and I not sure if that would mess the motor up. Any info would be greatly appreciated, because I need to get back on the water quick and get my fix again.

+1
    Welcome to the forum. Glad you enjoy the site.

By far the best impeller you can put on your ski is the Solas 14/19R.

Your engine is fine!

Thanks Jerry. I'm a little confused though, on the application chart I saw for solas impellers it said that a 13/18 for a stock RXP and a 14/19R for a stage 1. My boat being stock, will that be too much pitch and cost me to lose some RPM's or can a stock RXP use either a 13/18 or 14/19R with the latter being the better choice. Also, if I do go to that 14/19R, do I have to get anything else to adapt for it, maybe a different wear ring. I'm pretty green to this tech stuff on these RXP's, but I'm trying to learn. Thanks.

If your prop got damaged your wear ring would be damaged also. Replace the wear ring also at the same time. Otherwise you can lose performance with a damage wear ring.

Gtx

I know this thread is for the RXP, not trying to screw it up....

I just removed the pump, and found my impeller is less than great looking... the wear ring looks horrible!! (used ski, just bought it)

I have the same questions, what is best for a stock ski, can i upgrade it, where to get it quick, and pitch, pitch, pitch!

Thanks! J

2005 GTX Limited SC

+1
    check the fins on the pump shoe as well....

Quote Originally Posted by GM ProfeSSor
    I know this thread is for the RXP, not trying to screw it up....

I just removed the pump, and found my impeller is less than great looking... the wear ring looks horrible!! (used ski, just bought it)

I have the same questions, what is best for a stock ski, can i upgrade it, where to get it quick, and pitch, pitch, pitch!

Thanks! J

2005 GTX Limited SC
    For a stock 3 seater ski like yours i recomend the oem stock prop, i used mine a lot even with my Riva stage II package and worked very good, if you are shopping for one i have mine for sale and it is in mint condition, i can send it your way by next day express mail if you are in a hurry, send me a PM to talk about the price, thanks

Ray
    Last edited by GPR/STX-15F/RXT; 06-28-2006 at 12:23 PM.

hey on ebay

There is a stock rxp impeller and nose cone for sale just letting you know. $15.00
    Pete

+1
    I just ran my wifes totaly stock RXP with a 14-19r and it was great. PULLED very hard. Just a bit low on RPM's, but not bad in a 100degree's.

Go with the 14-19r

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    I have a brand new 14/19 for sale if you're interested.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information