RXT-X Mod Results

I am wondering what numbers other RXT-X owners are seeing with their MODS.

Here are my results so far:

At 5 hours - 70.8 MPH (using GPS)/7850 RPM

MODS - Free flow exhaust, RE blockoffs, Ride plate holes filled, Riva stage1 w/out impeller, using 83MM ring.

At 12 hours - Will see this weekend...

MODS - Free flow exhaust, RE blockoffs, Ride plate holes filled, Riva stage1 (everything installed now, using 82MM ring)

Banned User
    +1
    68.8mph so far with a full tank of gas and a 15lb cooler in the front, completely stock. That was down river, up river was 65, so I call it 66.5mph. That was with 6 hours on it at 8040 rpm. No mods yet.
    Ski is in for 10 hour service. Dealer says rpm should go up after 8 hours, but I didn't run it after that.

Will take it out to the same place, same conditions after 10hour for a baseline, then gonna try just prop 15/22, and riva grate, and see what I get.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    I saw 70.6 stock w/ ride plate holes [email protected]
    Then I went to 15/22R prop, reduction nozzle w/ 82mm ring, 4 inch custom intake, and ride plate holes filled and was running [email protected]
    I didn't like the loss in acceleration with the stage 1 kit so I am going a different route now and hope to be around 73 and blow all the riva stage 1 away in acceleration.

Banned User
    +1
    What specifically didn't you like about the stage 1 kit?? I'm thinking of going with most of the stage 1 parts, except for the intake mods.....I think the engine makes enough power right now the way it is, and I don't want to put the intake/filter on just yet.

Do you gain/lose anything with the nozzle?? Do you really need to tilt the nozzle down and get the VTS extension rods???

+1
    I saw arround 70 + with stock ski. Now went 72.1 with mods in sig with 100 + degree heat and high altitude. I am running stock prop with +2 mm right now. Getting another prop tweaked for setup. Not to mention i am going to try a stock version grate to see what hookup can get with still decent top. Plus the stock grate seems to have better acceleration on low end better, and definitely better hookup in busy lakes.

I hate things that don't work! SearayEX12's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyems View Post
    What specifically didn't you like about the stage 1 kit?? I'm thinking of going with most of the stage 1 parts, except for the intake mods.....I think the engine makes enough power right now the way it is, and I don't want to put the intake/filter on just yet.

Do you gain/lose anything with the nozzle?? Do you really need to tilt the nozzle down and get the VTS extension rods???
    I would do an intake, it really allows the ski to come alive. The stage 1 kit is great except restricting water flow. You definately lose some acceleration.

It seems people are still testing stuff, I think I am going to wait until we get several people that will say buy these parts have a 75mph top end with good out of the hole power. Right now it seems you are giving up some out of the hole power for top end and I like the out of the hole it has now

I have not lost any noticeable acceleration with my kit so far. I am testing with the full kit today and the fact I am over 10 hours now should yield decent results.

73.1 MPH @ 13 Hours in light chop

Here are my results so far:

At 13 hours - 73.1 MPH (using GPS)/8050 RPM, 10.6 on the boost gauge

It was 90F with high humidty and the water temp was 78F, on a full tank of gas I was able to pull the 73.1, I would say the Stage 1 is worth it.

I will be shooting for 74 tomorrow when its cooler and the water is more calm.

Thread Information