2006 gti se antifreeze leak

hey guys my 2006 gti with 28 hrs is at the dealer with a antifreeze leak.The dealer said they need to change the oil seal and a rotary seal.is this right for a antifreeze leak.Just checkin in here for opinions ,Also how big of a job is this for a dealer,thanks in advance.Thanks

anyone on this.

No clue, but how much did the paint job in your video in your sig cost? That looks awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by antoniodef View Post
    No clue, but how much did the paint job in your video in your sig cost? That looks awesome.

free i did it my self.

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    hey guys my 2006 gti with 28 hrs is at the dealer with a antifreeze leak.The dealer said they need to change the oil seal and a rotary seal.is this right for a antifreeze leak.Just checkin in here for opinions ,Also how big of a job is this for a dealer,thanks in advance.Thanks
    What's (read: WTF is) a rotary seal? It sounds like either the ride plate is leaking at the 2 hose fittings in the hull or one (or more) of the screws that tighten the 2-piece ride plate together... Ron

+1
    Tom...Im no professional...BUT does it seem like it is leaking from under the motor or toward the back of the ski say as were about the ride plate is???There are only a few places were anti-freeze can acually leak into the ski,Thermostat housing ,rideplate,overflow tank,oil cooler,hoses or head gasket..The rotary seal is the seal behind the water pump impellor in the block/cover..If that is leaking then anti freeze will leak out the pisser hole on the bottom of the water pump/thermostat housing..Therefor when you replace the rotary seal you have to also replace the oil seal that goes behind the rotary seal..So If your seeing antifreeze leaking toward the back of the motor near the driveshaft then its very possible the rotary seal is bad......
    Last edited by Snoman; 06-06-2008 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Tom...Im no professional...BUT does it seem like it is leaking from under the motor or toward the back of the ski say as were about the ride plate is???There are only a few places were anti-freeze can acually leak into the ski,Thermostat housing ,rideplate,overflow tank,oil cooler,hoses or head gasket..The rotary seal is the seal behind the water pump impellor in the block/cover..If that is leaking then anti freeze will leak out the pisser hole on the bottom of the water pump/thermostat housing..Therefor when you replace the rotary seal you have to also replace the oil seal that goes behind the rotary seal..So If your seeing antifreeze leaking toward the back of the motor near the driveshaft then its very possible the rotary seal is bad......

thank u sno makes sence trhanks alot .Just making sure i dont get it from the dealers bull.tanks

Thread Information