Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Security

+1

Security

Most of us know about the Pepsi incident last year and in relationship to this, I was curious as to what everyone is doing this year to secure their skis from the fuel being tampered with or stolen. Plus several of us leave jugs full of fuel in our trucks or on the trailer that we have to worry about as well. To protect my spare fuel, I am seriously thinking of locking my fuel inside the cab of my truck and cracking my windows to. Anyone have other suggestions?

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KirkF350 View Post
    Most of us know about the Pepsi incident last year and in relationship to this, I was curious as to what everyone is doing this year to secure their skis from the fuel being tampered with or stolen. Plus several of us leave jugs full of fuel in our trucks or on the trailer that we have to worry about as well. To protect my spare fuel, I am seriously thinking of locking my fuel inside the cab of my truck and cracking my windows to. Anyone have other suggestions?
    We could always party all night in the parking lot, in shifts You know good old fashioned Southern partying with beer, whiskey, bats, and guns

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    Beretta PX4 Storm w/hollow points

Im thinking I will try and be empty at the hotel and fill up in mornings so only risk is jugs at the ramp??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	16.1 KB 
ID:	76410  

+1
    Lets all be our brothers keeper ! scratch each others back and look out for one another. I will

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meirvin View Post
    Beretta PX4 Storm w/hollow points
    I'm riding with you my brother.

+1
    I am going to put in a 2" shut off valve between my tank and the filler. I do not want any stealing gas from me at the house or when the ski is at the lake at night.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    I am going to put in a 2" shut off valve between my tank and the filler. I do not want any stealing gas from me at the house or when the ski is at the lake at night.
    Good idea.

+1
    I think I might go with this alarm. It even has a perimeter sensor on it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCORPIO-2WAY-MOTORCYCLE-ALARM-W-PAGER-SR-i600s-SRI600s_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el 1247QQcategoryZ34284QQihZ023QQitemZ360053614776QQr dZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

SR-i600S Scorpio two-way FM alarm w/silver remote, perimeter sensor and battery-backup system.
    4020-0034

The all new SR-i600 is an ultra-compact 2 way FM paging security system designed specifically for the motorcycle industry. By utilizing High Frequency FM technology, the SR-i600 transceiver is capable of sending and receiving commands from up to ˝ Mile away from the motorcycle.

For its sensing mechanism, the SR-i600 utilizes a built in accelerometer that detects both impact and changes of angles with a high degree of accuracy. It allows the module to be placed in any position or mounting angle and requires no adjustments. The SR-i600 control module also offers a built in programmable multi tone siren and to ensure durability the module is manufactured to meet OEM specs

SR-i600S Scorpio two-way FM alarm w/silver remote, perimeter sensor and battery-backup system. Includes Alarm as described above plus: 3-Stage Perimeter Sensor - Sometimes your motorcycle isn't the only thing that needs protection! This perimeter sensor provides a programmable remote activated microwave sensor that detects motion in mass around the motorcycle, protecting your saddlebags, luggage and other external accessories. This includes a Silver remote. Battery back-up - system that allows the pager and siren to operate even if wires are cut or circumvented.

+1
    i had one of them on my motorcycle that thing is incredible works great i thought about one for the ski but i think it would only be good when its on the trailer.

the perimeter sensor works great sometimes a little to great i had it go off in the middle of the night got up and ran out of my apartment and there was a cat standing on it.
    what happen with the pepsi and how did you know it was in there.
    Last edited by stingray152003; 06-06-2008 at 08:34 PM.

+1
    a few motors went booom!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information