Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

HELP!!!! Problem after Install

I installed a crank case ventilator and the anticavitation cone. When I put it in the water today, I hit the throttle and there was no power. I pulled it from the water and saw that the bottom water line on the intercooler popped off and was filling my hull with water. I had 5 inches of water in the hull. I drained the water and put the hose back on and went back out. My bottom end power was about half of what it was before. Top speed was only 62 on gps. What should I look for? Hopefully nothing really bad happened!

+1
    Did you pull the exhaust? Are you sure you do not have a leak in any of the exhaust gaskets? Is your oil clean? Did it get up to the supercharger leveL?

+1
    I did pull the exhaust during install of the crank case ventilator. I think I found my problem, but I won't know till tomorrow. When I first put it in the water, there was no power cause the water line from the intercooler had popped off and water was getting in the hull. I drained the water and saw that the hose was off. I put it back on and went back out. The speed was up to 62, which is 7-8 mph off normal, and the power was better, but still not what it should be. I took it home and checked all my hoses and saw that the biggest air tube that connects to the intercooler was not very tight. I could move the clamp right off with my hand. I am pretty sure that this is the reason for the loss of power. As far as the gaskets, I reused the old ones, but cleaned them off and put a thin layer of 1211 Threebond on it. I'm going to take it back out tomorrow to try it out. Hopefully this was the problem. I can't believe I did that piss poor job of tightening my hoses. Whats the best way to check if there is water in the oil? If I use the fluid evacuator to get it out, can I reuse it if it is good? I used royal purple and that stuff isn't cheap and this was the first time out with the new oil.

+1
    If the clamps to the sc bottom hose was tight you probably got nothing in the sc. If level was 5 inches then you probably go nothing in the engine. I would look at the dipstick and see if it is milky. Also, pull your oil fill plug and look at the oil left at the top and the back of the cap. When I got water in my engine the first place I could see it was on my oil fill cap.

Jason

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    If you got water into the oil you can tell from the dipstick, it will be milky brownish in color...........

+1
    OK. I'll check.

+1
    Oil is still as clear as the day I put it in! Thats a good sign.

+1
    I took it out today and got my power and speed back, but it was hot and humid as hell. My rpm's were back were they normally were at first, but after riding for a while they dropped about 70-100 rpm from the heat. My speedo on the ski was not working well at first, not that it works very well anyway, but over time it was back to where it used to be. Is there anything else I should check to make sure that it is ok? Hopefully when the intercooler kit goes in next week, my loss of power in the heat and humidity will be gone.

+1
    The best mod I did for heat extraction was the bilge blower. It pulls a lot of hot air out of the hull.

+1
    Who makes it? How much? Easy to install?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information