1994 Polaris Sl 750

When Idling.. I Squeeze The Throttle All The Way And It Just Dies Out...any Ideas What The Problem Is?? Where Can I Get A Top End Rebuild Kit??

its probably fuel related

its probably fuel related...................when was the last time ypur sl has had the fuel system gone through huh? fuel pick up at the fuel tank can be clogged. inline fuel filter can be clogged. petcock can be clogged. fuel pump can need a rebuild kit. pulse line to fuel pump can be loose/disconnected. carburetor diaprams can be worn out. fuel filter inside each carb can be clogged. the carburetors may need thorough cleaning and rebuilding.

does it die when you give it full throttle? or it keeps on revving but just falls on its face? if it keeps on revving but falls on its face its probably the jet pump. can be the impellar and/or the stator pump that are no good.

www.springbreak-florida.com rgard32's Avatar
    first things first..CHECK COMPRESSION

Quote Originally Posted by la90043 View Post
    its probably fuel related...................when was the last time ypur sl has had the fuel system gone through huh? fuel pick up at the fuel tank can be clogged. inline fuel filter can be clogged. petcock can be clogged. fuel pump can need a rebuild kit. pulse line to fuel pump can be loose/disconnected. carburetor diaprams can be worn out. fuel filter inside each carb can be clogged. the carburetors may need thorough cleaning and rebuilding.

does it die when you give it full throttle? or it keeps on revving but just falls on its face? if it keeps on revving but falls on its face its probably the jet pump. can be the impellar and/or the stator pump that are no good.
    it just dies out i checked the compression 2 cylinders are at 100% and the other is at about 75% i am having the carbs cleaned now and the fuel pump was clogged.. i guess i will have to go thru all of the fuel lines next also..

Quote Originally Posted by rgard32 View Post
    first things first..CHECK COMPRESSION
    i checked the compression 2 cylinders are at 100% and the other is at about 75%

Thread Information