USO Support Ride

June 4, 2008
IJSBA Endorsed Recreational Event: June 8 USO Ride at MCRD Marina, San Diego, California
Please Join us for a USO Support Ride this Sunday, June 8, at MCRD Marina in San Diego, California. This support ride is sanctioned by the American Watercraft Association. The Marina has great amenities including restrooms and bbq.
There will be a Navy Seal RIB boat available for Rides from 10AM to 2PM.
SDPWC member Dave Moore will also be bringing his 30ft “Semper Fi” power boat for Rides on the Bay.
I will be collecting fuel money for the Semper Fi, as it *GUZZLES* that $4.00 per gallon gas and I don’t want Dave stuck with the entire fuel bill.
If we have enough people, $10 each should be enough for fuel.
  • We MUST NOT create wakes or go above 5MPH in the channel.
  • They have 10-12 sailboats docked at their pier and they DO NOT want them damaged from our wakes.
  • Please find a way to come Sunday, I don’t want to disappoint the guys & gals who lay it on the line for us.
Forecast for Sunday is low 70’s with clear skies & LOTS of Smiles !!!
Hope to see you Sunday morning !!
Ray Hinton
President - San Diego PWC Club

__________________________________________________ ____

As a small way of THANKING all active duty servicemen & women in San Diego, SDPWC is offering free PWC Rides and a meal afterwards as a way to say THANKS for all you do for us !! Please email SDPWC President Ray Hinton at with any questions and to reserve your seat for a weekend Ride on San Diego Bay. We will be launching and BBQ'ing from the MCRD Marina. Seating is limited and this offer expires in

June, 2008 so reserve your seat soon !!</B>

Hello USO Riders !!

The next Ride will be on Sunday, June 8th. Please click
here to see the map for directions to the MCRD Marina Boathouse.

We are launching from MCRD Marina, NO parking problems or crowds :>) Please bring old tennis shoes & sunglasses (wetsuits if you have them) for the Rides…the Marina (and SDPWC) will have everything else. Food & drinks will be provided.

Please see some Ride pics we took on 5/4 here
USO Rides. I have our picnic area reserved from 9AM till 5PM. There is also a big children’s play area next door.

Enter MCRD at Gate 2, tell them you are part of the USO PWC Ride, and follow Henderson Ave to Guadalcanal Ave. and turn right. The Marina is on the left at the end of Guadalcanal Ave. Call me on my cell at 619-931-9252 if you have any problems at the gate or get lost.
Thanks !