Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Pro 1200 took on water

Well im on the water today and i just felt like my pro1200 wasent running right. Not coming out of the water as quickly, top speed, etc. I then notice that my inner hull is full of water and the bilge is on. Evertime i thaught it was all out, i would ride again and then i see that it has taken in more water. After the usual bashing around on it, LOL Then the MFD displays hot, and cant really rev really past idle. I shut it off and i see that it has more water in it !

What should i inspect for ? Everything looked fine and when i finally got towed to shore (didnt want to ruin the motor it because the display was flashing hot) i put it on the trailer and pulled the drain plug and water came pouring out. After everything cooled i finished by blowing out and vaccuming the last of the water around the drive shaft etc. As it sits tonight it is compleley dry in the inside hull and the motor is fine. Put new plugs in it and and check the psi across the cylinders. Everything looks fine, will see when i take it out on the water again tommrow : )

Could it possibly be from the 2 ducks on the sides of the seat. And when i dip or splash alot of water around it gets in this way ? Ive never had this problem before....what should i do ?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Check for leaks, I would think.

Do you have any reason to think the water is NOT coming in through the engine cooling or elsewhere in the lower hull?

Is the speedometer pitot tube properly connected under the drive shaft?

Check all the cooling hoses for loose clamps, cracks, etc.

If you can, run it on the garden hose (Flush connection, or connected through the cooling water inlet hose from the jet pump), and look for leaks. Two minutes absolute maximum running time.

Engine ON, then water on.
    Water OFF, then engine off.

If nothing seems wrong so far, then perhaps the through-hull bearing/seals are leaking. Either put it in the water, fully tied to the trailer front and back, and run it while looking for leaks,
    OR put a few inches of water inside the hull, in your driveway. Get the nose of the trailer up, and see if water comes out around the drive shaft in the jet pump tunnel intake area. Sometimes it won't show the leak unless the engine is running.

Do you keep that through-hull bearing well greased?
    Waterproof grease, of course.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5149970.JPG 
Views:	54 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	76444  

I have flooded my pro 1200 many times, usually if the seat comes off when jumping and when doing the nose dive torpedo, that's when the water comes through the intake holes but the bildge pump keeps up with that. Sounds like a lose or bad hose, check those like k447 said, one other
    thing I had happen was the water flush connecter was stuck open- if you have one of those spring loaded ones, I don't trust those anymore.

smokewagon,

i will look and see tommrow ? how does the speedometer work on jetskis ?

on the pro 12, there is a little pickup peto in front of the impeller and a hose on the inside like the picture k447 shows, I dought that could let in the kind of water your talking about, the bilge pump would out pump that.

smokewagon

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.candid View Post
    how does the speedometer work on jetskis ?
    Like crap
    My vote is the hose from the pump to the pipe is shot....
    evan full of water if the ski was moving (above 20mph)the motor would not get hot from the extra weight just from lack of cooling water...lets us know
    mattman

+1
    A blown exhaust pipe gasket would spew water all over the engine compartment and possibly rob the system of so much cooling water that the engine overheats.

Don't you love being watched?? milesengineer's Avatar
    Need to put that thing on the hose and run it to find the leak. IF you got the overheat warning you arent flowing water through the engine, or at least enough to cool it.

+1
    back it in the water with it still tied to the trailer and take the seat off and start it up and look for whats leaking .

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

leaks

when i first got my pro it blew the water line off the pump inlet,same symptoms,gotta be something related to cooling the motor otherwise it wouldn't get the hot light ,that rules out the speedo,also check the plastic tee on the incoming line to see if it fractured

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information