Question Custom RXP hoods

Is there any interest out there in wanting these bad to the bone hoods on your ski's?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00024.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	76440   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00001.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	146.6 KB 
ID:	76443  

YESSSSSS! depending on price that is, 1st customer discount??? lol

+1
    are you selling them? is that the question?
    I would like to see more pics of the grey and black. Is that setup for air relief and boost guage. If so i might be interested., thanks

i thnk the one with the boost gauge mount is tight! what size gauge?

Ok - so here's the deal. I hand crafted this hood out of fiberglass and created a mold so I could make them as light as possible and be able to gelcoat them for production. I wanted a gauge up near my line of sight so I wouldn't have to take my eyes off the water too much. The silver and black hood is now painted the custom blue for my ski but I can make more in black, red, blue, green, white or whatever color of gelcoat I want.

The gauge opening is set up for a standard 2" gauge to drop in. I'm trying to determine if it's worth it for me to produce and sell these hoods. The hood would come to you rough cut on the edges and you would need to do the final 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch trim and mount it to your OEM hood yourself. If I do it as a turn key type deal the shipping is over $100 each way which sucks. If I send the hood piece out to the buyer the shipping in only $20.

If I do sell the hoods, the price will be $250 for what you see in the picture in black, Keep in mind that this is a functional hood meaning that you can take a 4 or 5 inch intake all the way back to your supercharger. IMO it's worth it big time! Unrestricted airflow from the hood all the way back. I only wish someone else had done it before me so I wouldn't have had to spend so much time and money making a mold.

Hope that all makes since.

Name:	DSC00025.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	154.2 KB 
ID:	76622   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00043.JPG 
Views:	52 
Size:	138.9 KB 
ID:	76623  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by inteljd View Post
    Ok - so here's the deal. I hand crafted this hood out of fiberglass and created a mold so I could make them as light as possible and be able to gelcoat them for production. I wanted a gauge up near my line of sight so I wouldn't have to take my eyes off the water too much. The silver and black hood is now painted the custom blue for my ski but I can make more in black, red, blue, green, white or whatever color of gelcoat I want.

The gauge opening is set up for a standard 2" gauge to drop in. I'm trying to determine if it's worth it for me to produce and sell these hoods. The hood would come to you rough cut on the edges and you would need to do the final 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch trim and mount it to your OEM hood yourself. If I do it as a turn key type deal the shipping is over $100 each way which sucks. If I send the hood piece out to the buyer the shipping in only $20.

If I do sell the hoods, the price will be $250 for what you see in the picture in black, Keep in mind that this is a functional hood meaning that you can take a 4 or 5 inch intake all the way back to your supercharger. IMO it's worth it big time! Unrestricted airflow from the hood all the way back. I only wish someone else had done it before me so I wouldn't have had to spend so much time and money making a mold.

Hope that all makes since.
    i would defintely be intereted in the black one. How do you think they work for venting the hull? I have the black hose with riva hood but never mounted it. I bet that hose will work with your hood. Does the hood have the mount to mount the hose? Does that make since.

You could use it for just venting the hull if you wanted. My complete design as shown in the attached drawing keeps the air isolated to your SC'r only. It depends on you as to where you want to stop in regards to air flow.

Name:	DSC00030.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	76660   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00002.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	152.5 KB 
ID:	76661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00031.JPG 
Views:	47 
Size:	144.3 KB 
ID:	76662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00003.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	76663  
    Attached Files Attached Files

+1
    I'm in! 06 red?

hood

Im in for one in black. I have the Maya Gold 06

ItzMunch

Thread Information