Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

My Gibson Muffler Install (RXP)

Hey everyone, just finished putting my ski back together. I went ahead and installed the Gibson while I was putting it all back together.

For the install I used a 2.75" ID Hump Hose connector to connect the muffler to the Exhaust exit. I used a 2.75" ID silicon adapter to connect the J-Pipe to the muffler. The size is 3 inches, standard size that comes hooked to the WB from the factory. Looking back I should have used a 4 inch long adapter as it would have allowed me to use 2 clamps on the Exhaust side of the adapter.

I did install a water valve to control the water going into the muffler. This was provided to me by Jay. He sent me an install kit, thanks for that btw Jay. He included a piece of 3/4 inch heater hose but the piece was only 1ft long and I needed 4ft. I went to Pep Boys and got a 4ft long piece for 5 bucks and used that.

With the Hump Hose connector the install was very straight forward. I installed the hump hose connector on the back of the muffler. I then slide the muffler onto the exhaust exit.

I then installed the silicon adapter onto the J-Pipe and clamped it down. I then slide the J-Pipe onto the exhaust manifold and installed the big clamp. I tighted it down but left it loose so that I could spin the jpip. I slide the jpipe onto the end of the muffler and clamped it down. I made sure not to clamp above the end of the muffler so as not to block the water holes comming out of the jpipe. My jpipe did not fit into the flange at the end of the muffler, but it fit nicely together without having to go in.

After I had it all together I twisted the Jpipe up which in turn rotated the muffler so that I had room for my rear air intake. Once I had it set I just tighted everything up and it fit together well.

The entire install took me about an hour. I am concerned that my muffler is being held on with just hose clamps. I think the support bracket will be very important, espically if you ride in rough water situations.

I did crank it on the trailer for a minute and it sounds amazing. I will be down in Mission Bay tommrow if anyone is in socal and wants to come and check it out.

I will let you all know how it runs on Sunday.

Here are some pics of my install.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5026.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	193.9 KB 
ID:	76486   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5029.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	122.2 KB 
ID:	76487   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5053.JPG 
Views:	112 
Size:	174.1 KB 
ID:	76488   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5055.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	209.6 KB 
ID:	76489   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5056.JPG 
Views:	121 
Size:	200.9 KB 
ID:	76490   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5057.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	190.3 KB 
ID:	76491  

+1
    More pics

Name:	mini-IMG_5060.JPG 
Views:	51 
Size:	198.0 KB 
ID:	76492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5061.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	237.0 KB 
ID:	76493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mini-IMG_5062.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	236.8 KB 
ID:	76494  

V-Tec, 4-Tech that's how I roll meirvin's Avatar
    +1
    looks good great job

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Hey everyone, just finished putting my ski back together. I went ahead and installed the Gibson while I was putting it all back together.

For the install I used a 2.75" ID Hump Hose connector to connect the muffler to the Exhaust exit. I used a 2.75" ID silicon adapter to connect the J-Pipe to the muffler. The size is 3 inches, standard size that comes hooked to the WB from the factory. Looking back I should have used a 4 inch long adapter as it would have allowed me to use 2 clamps on the Exhaust side of the adapter.

I did install a water valve to control the water going into the muffler. This was provided to me by Jay. He sent me an install kit, thanks for that btw Jay. He included a piece of 3/4 inch heater hose but the piece was only 1ft long and I needed 4ft. I went to Pep Boys and got a 4ft long piece for 5 bucks and used that.

With the Hump Hose connector the install was very straight forward. I installed the hump hose connector on the back of the muffler. I then slide the muffler onto the exhaust exit.

I then installed the silicon adapter onto the J-Pipe and clamped it down. I then slide the J-Pipe onto the exhaust manifold and installed the big clamp. I tighted it down but left it loose so that I could spin the jpip. I slide the jpipe onto the end of the muffler and clamped it down. I made sure not to clamp above the end of the muffler so as not to block the water holes comming out of the jpipe. My jpipe did not fit into the flange at the end of the muffler, but it fit nicely together without having to go in.

After I had it all together I twisted the Jpipe up which in turn rotated the muffler so that I had room for my rear air intake. Once I had it set I just tighted everything up and it fit together well.

The entire install took me about an hour. I am concerned that my muffler is being held on with just hose clamps. I think the support bracket will be very important, espically if you ride in rough water situations.

I did crank it on the trailer for a minute and it sounds amazing. I will be down in Mission Bay tommrow if anyone is in socal and wants to come and check it out.

I will let you all know how it runs on Sunday.

Here are some pics of my install.
    That looks familiar put something under that thing and use the original OEM bungee cord to strap that thing in Looks Good! ...so are you ready to take her to the wild side?

Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    That looks familiar put something under that thing and use the original OEM bungee cord to strap that thing in Looks Good! ...so are you ready to take her to the wild side?
    here's mine short of 300 miles not my fault, But it has something to do with a rental owner that Hit the main score board and ended up the entire raceIt wasen't his fault too.......it's 1 of those things that $h!T happens

Name:	RXP 563.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	76495   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 566.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	76496   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 569.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	76497   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 560.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	997.1 KB 
ID:	76498   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 649.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	1,008.9 KB 
ID:	76499   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RXP 617.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	76500  

Last edited by Jammer 1; 06-07-2008 at 02:41 AM.

Those hump couplers work great for this, ya

Jay

+1
    Thanks guys! Jammer your WB looks nice... bet it sounds mean haha!

Anyways heading out now to see how my RXP runs, I am soo hoping for no water leaks and no cavitation.

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Nice job, AHA!!

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    Aha You Made An Excellent Post. Very Informative, Nice Pictures. Fine Job. I Am Sure When We See The Next Post It Will Be A Good One Telling Everyone How Well It Work's. Thanks Abunch For The Post. =d> =d> =d> =d> =d>

+1
    The sound of the exhaust is great, very deep tone. If I am getting a 1544 high exhaust temp error. If I can get rid of that I will be all set.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information